6000 Miles, 18 Countries, 21 Days.

djcool

I'm planning a 6,000 mile road-trip which will visit at least 18 countries over a 21 day period.

The road trip will be entirely for charity through sponsorship (business and personal - financial and equipment) and we're intending to video diary it, have a blog website with live tracking to the car etc to take place sometime in July 2007.

The planning is in the very early stages at the moment. Just wondering if anyone else has had experience of doing something of this nature before who can provide advice and tips.

I would welcome all input and ideas from anyone with an interest in road-trips - what would you want to see or think we should look at? Both myself and the proposed co-driver are no stranger to long road-trips but not of this size really!

[ QUOTE ]

Just wondering if anyone else has had experience of doing something of this nature before who can provide advice and tips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me and a friend once went from home to Blackpool in a day. We took photos of motorway services and kept a log of any fit birds we saw (on camera phone). Is this the sort of thing you mean? Or maybe something a bit more professional and well organised? grin.gif

if you havent then hire the dvd "long way round" by ewan mcgregor and charlie boorman

it gives you insight on whats involved in visiting countries.

also you need to ensure that if you visit certain countries that your passport will allow you into others.

my wife mentioned some time ago that if you were in a certain part of the greek islands and ventured into the other half (cyprus is it thats split in two? or something) that you wont get back in.

so when you plan ensure the harmony of the countries is ok and not going to get you marooned.

also you doing a ring trip or going one way then getting your car containered home?

[ QUOTE ]

my wife mentioned some time ago that if you were in a certain part of the greek islands and ventured into the other half (cyprus is it thats split in two? or something) that you wont get back in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cyprus is divided but you can cross between sides and get back no worries. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Yes but not on that scale! Think most we have done is 1600 in a weekend, but we do film! My mates edits all the footage, snippets of which are on my our website, see below.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just out of interest, where do you manage to get the vehicles from that you use for these road trips and how much do they cost you roughly? PM if required smile.gif