Auto dip mirror retro-fit

Will22

For some reason my S8 does not have the auto dip mirror and I was wondering if I could retro-fit one. I'm not too woried about the outside mirrors but if it were just a case of changing the glass in them then I'd do it but the main thing is the one inside the car.

Anyone any ideas if it has been done before?

Cheers

Will

without wanting to sound dumb or offend you have you tried activating the mirror as set out in the owners handbook?

you need to switch the mirror adjusting knob to the left hand position, try turning your car off & on again & see if it works now wink.gif

it took a little while for me to figure out how mine worked too! do you have memory seats etc? it might be something to do with that?

i'm still learning my S8 too 169144-ok.gif

I think will22 is talking about the anti glare mirrors not the reverse passenger side dipping action of the wing mirror. Not sure whether it can theres defo. some wiring involved because of the sensor I suppose it may be possible so long as you got the connectors and wiring harness in the overhead panel as shown in the wire diagram 169144-ok.gif

post-5048-137914360499_thumb.jpg

I have the auto-dip mirrors on my car (and very useful they are).

My interior (centre) mirror has a 3-4mm 'hole' in the reflective material which I assume is for the sensor. Therefore, other than a feed to tell the mirror when the headlights are one (to activate the dipping function) it may be that all the gubbins are in the mirror unit. Perhaps.

I think you need to get yourself down to an Audi breaker!