VW GTI vs Skoda on 5th Gear

Muppetboy

He normally lifts off and gives the handbrake a little nudge! Fine line between getting it right and doing some hedge trimming!!

I must add that that reversing sketch was complete and utter nonsense! What the hell is that supposed to prove - That Needle D**K really is a nerd? fekr.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Fifth Gear have already given away a GTI when it was their car of the year last year. They probably didn't want to give another one away.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, so going around in reverse was the only way a VRS was going to beat it at Anglesy grin.gifbeerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Fifth Gear have already given away a GTI when it was their car of the year last year. They probably didn't want to give another one away.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, so going around in reverse was the only way a VRS was going to beat it at Anglesy grin.gifbeerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye, but kind of a silly test as the GTi was always going to win. Better suspension set-up, tighter steering, lighter, more nimble.

Not taking anything away from the vRS as its a great car, but the GTi has the edge in almost every way (except load capactity).

smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

(except load capactity).

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

not really, hatchbacks are much more practical than saloons IMO beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Was referring to the estate version......... plus, a TDi Octy vRS will be along late this year / early next, another plus in my book.

smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'd (probably) buy one (if the interior is better than the last model).

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh it is...

IMO it's a lovely place to be.

And I'm another one who is interested in the TDi Octy vRS! I was treated like royalty by my Skoda dealer when I had the Furb, and I'm kind of missing that with my 3 year old Golf!! grin.gif