[Audi A3/S3] Funny beeping noise when I start my S3

s3geezer

Hi chaps,

This has been happening for the last 2-3 weeks. When I start my car up I hear four beeps coming from what I think is the alarm speakers in the door pillars. It sounds like an 80's space invaders game going biip biip biip biip. It doesn't do all the time - maybe one every 10 starts.

The car alarm still works as does the remote locking and immob so why should it be beeoping at me? The car has it's 50k service on Friday 2nd June at Basingstoke Audi so I'll mention it but if anyone knows why it should start doing this I'd like to hear from you.

Cheers.

It's been covered before on here and I don't think there was any definate answer confused.gif

Mine has done it on and off since I have owned my S3 (5 years now), I even mentioned it to the dealers a couple of years back on a routine service and they just confirmed it was the alarm. Fobbed me off with the "It's probably the alarm back up battery mate. Needs charging. It'll be allright" answer.

Had this on an a4 1.8t sport,problem was caused by the door switch not thinking the door was closed,so overnight the battery voltage was lower than it should be(which i believe is what triggers the beeps)with the door problem solved and the cars battery recharged overnight,it was cured.So try just charging your battery and see if this cures the problem,as batteries tend to loose charge after a certain age even if there are no other probs,hth