For Sale: 15" G4 Powerbook 1.33GHZ/768DDR/60GB

brownswood

Hi i am selling my powerbook due to an upgrade to the 17" G4 powerbook and asking only £550! and if i dont have to drop the price ill also include a tucano neoprene notbook sleeve in black to protect the machine free of charge!

The machine still has parts/labour warranty through john lewis where it was bought until 07 July 2006

I have upgraded the ram to 768mb (333mhz) PC2700 DDR from the original 256mb

I have also bought a new battery for it as the old one was failing but both will be included as the old one still manages a good hour or so (the new one is 100% still and easily gets 4-5 hours useage

There are a few cosmetic damages to the unit which should be expected given its age now, i can and will photograph these for potential buyers and post them here tomorrow when i have more time. It took a bit of a knock about six months ago and the case has some damage from it but i have run it since then with no problems - its purely cosmetic. edit: just put a couple of quick ones up

dsc004192zc.jpg

dsc004209ug.jpg

The original packaging is still mint and i have it all included in the deal. I also have a retail copy of TIGER that i will include as the system was purchased with panther. This is a a FULL retail copy with box etc.

These machines are still unbeatable and run flawlessly. i have had great fun with it and am selling purely to upgrade to a better G4 - the new macbook pro's dont do it for me and the now old G4 is still a formidable machine at all the cool and latest programs - ask anyone who knows as they still outperform the unoptimised programs on the new intel duo tech.

The full tech spec is detailed below. i will be happy to answer any questions on the book and anyone is welcome to view it for themselves first hand (i am near exeter and travel the south west a lot but can also meet in london where i will be from time to time)

email for any info etc!

system spec:

1.33ghz G4 (512K level 2 Cache)

756mb PC2700 (333mhz) DDR SDRAM (support for upto 2GB)

60GB Hard Drive

15.2" Widescreen TFT (1280x854)

Ati Radeon Mobility 9700 with 64MB DDR SDRAM

Slot-loading combo drive (DVD-ROM/CD-RW)

PC Card/Cardbus Slot, Firewire 800 port, Firewire 400port

Two USB 2.0 ports, Audio Line In, Audio Line Out/Headphones

DVI and S-Video output ports (DVI-VGA adapter included)

Lithium-Ion Battery (5.5 hours running time)

Built-in 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet & 56K V.92 Modem

Built-in Airport Extreme Card (802.11G)

Built-in Bluetooth 1.1

Mac OSX Panther & I-Life 4 (Garageband, iTunes, iPhoto, DVDPlayer, Mail, Calender, Address Book etc)

Size and Weight 13.7x9.5x11 inches; 5.7pounds