[Audi A3/S3] Picked up my car this morning

dalepearson

Picked up my A3 2.0T S Line Special with DSG in Brilliant Black. Loving it, will take some pictures when it stops raining.

One question though, when you pull up and get out of the car, the boot wont open, I have to lock and unlock to be able to get into it. Not right surely?

Do you have to lock it and then press unlock twice???

It may be the "2 click" lock function that Audi have set. My Cab had this when I collected it, But with the help of Vag-Com and PeterB mine now unlocks both doors and the boot with one click 169144-ok.gif

If you press the door unlock button on the drivers door that unlocks everything including the boot, until you set off and auto lock relocks it all.

Will the scratch polish out?

I only had mine 2 days before I dropped a screwdriver in the garage and it landed on the rear wing - you guessed it a nice chip about 2mm x 1 mm all the way down to the metal - arrrrrghh mad.gif. Just happened to have some pearl black paint from a VW polo I had years ago so to stop it going rusty I splodged a bit of paint into it followed, the following day, with a splodge of lacquer. Happened to call in at my dealers to discuss a very minor factory paint defect. While they corrected the defect the guys also buffed off my repair, you can now not see it - unless you know where to look.Result 169144-ok.gif

Looks very smart indeed. I test drove one of these a couple of weeks ago with a manual 'box and I was very impressed (and I have to say more impressed than when I drove the new Golf GTI). The build quality and finish on the Audi is a cut above in my opinion. The Special Edition you've got is a hell of a lot of car for the money. These photos have helped me make my mind up! Did you go for the Bose sound upgrade?

Who is a happy bunny then, the wait was worth it.

Now, like all of us, you will be adding alloy mirrors, pedals, milltek, remap etc. etc. etc. Then we sell it and start again.

Dale, i agree with you on the stereo. The standard system is more than good enough.

Funny you should mention that about the standard audio setup. The car I test drove was standard and I was struck by the deep bass and the clarity of the sound.

The interior is beautifully finished. Every car manufacturer seems to be penny pinching these days and skimping on quality. I most certainly saw no evidence of this with the Audi A3 - in fact it exceeded my expectations by a long way.

The 2.0 T S-Line Special Edition is right at the top of my list and I think I'll be off to the Audi dealer very shortly to sign on the dotted line!

I have the dog guard in mine Piccys here

If you can wait a wile have a look for one on ebay they do come up every now and then and you may save you self a tidy sum. £85 from the stealers i think. I could not wait and just bought one, saves on the dog snot all over the leather wink.gif

Edit: I also bought the reversible matt for the boot with the car. If I had the option again I would go for the rubber liner instead