20,000 miles and still legal

AZURES3

Had the tyres checked today and they still have just under 3mm on all 4 after 20,000 miles. I have noticed the Pirelli Pzero Rosso's are quite hard for the last 3mm but very impressed with them. Will replace with 4 more in about 3,000 miles.

AZ

[ QUOTE ]

Wow! That is good!

I had <3mm on my fronts and 5mm on my rears after 18,000 miles. Dunlop Sport 01's

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed I am shocked how evenly the torsion Quattro distibutes the power, the fronts have about 0.5mm less than the rears but as the guy said at the tyre centre they have done very well and worn very evenly.

My other Quattro car the S3 used Haldex and this wore the fronts far more than the rears due to the way it works.

AZ

Just had my two fronts replaced. They were on 2mm. So far, two sets of front tyres in 25,000 miles. Seems quite good considering how I drive! grin.gif

Mine are Pirelli Pzero Rosso's too, AZ. Is that your original set of tyres?! If it is, that's good going!! grin.gif

I find them to be the best I've ever had so far. Sticky as hell and great in the wet too. 169144-ok.gif

As above Pirelli Pzero Rosso's and got 26,500miles

At 5,000 miles I swaped back to front etc and made no difference (I thought they were going to wear a lot faster than they did.

Rears surprisingly were very slightly more worn. Very evenly worn too!! grin.gif

I always make sure as best as I can not to turn wheels when stopped! NONO3.GIF