Le Mans photography

stevie_d

I know that quite a few members are keen photographers and several have been to Le Mans, so I ask; what tips have you got for taking photos at Le Mans? I've done several karting events, but have never taken photos at a proper sporting event and as such I won't have any press credentials.

Any info on good locations and tips on taking photos would be greatly appreciated 169144-ok.gif

I'll be using a Canon 350D with max 300mm lens, so distance shouldn't be an issue.

Yeah the dunlop bridge is a great location, if you can pack a small step ladder, it'll be even better. We were there last year and were climbing up to get a good look over. Sounds like you're well set up with the 300mm lense, remember to try and keep shutter speeds to 1/300 when using it at 300mm to prevent blurring! I use sports mode or set my cameras focus mode to be active, as in the camera constantly changes focus based on where you're pointing the camera... have an amazing w/e , I should be there too if i;m back from New Zealand in time .. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

you need a fast focusing lens, up to 600mm to get good pics with motion blur. you will not belive how fast the bloody things go. our kid practiced at the f1 tesing and it was a lot harder than it looks

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I can imagine frown.gif

I was good at karting, but I expect these cars to be just a "bit" faster blush.gif