Motorprovider - The Verdict!

ysabelle

Hi,

Have been watching this post closely of late as am yet another person awaiting a GTI from Motor Provider.

Ordered in eraly Jan06 with an Apr/May06 delivery.

Phoned end of March, got told build completion date - week after easter so car ready dy end of April.

Got to 27th April called again - oh no its going to be another 3 weeks - so 19th May then??

Phoned 15th May as still heard nothing - spoke to boss who apppologied for previous dates and that it will be here by end of May.

Phoned again on 2nd June - spoke to boss again - car didn't arrive with last batch - it will be on next batch - another 2 -3 weeks.

I'm simmering gently at the moment - good to see cars are arriving for some of us - if Motor Provider would pick up the phone and call and tell people the bad news and give dates to be believed I think it would be ok - its the wall of silence / dates that never materialise that hack people off. I'll keep you posted on progress I suggested to MP that I call weekly to check on progress!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

As if all these posts are coming from genuine Motorprovider customers!

I mean, come on, its gone from being a business with a very shakey reputation, to one of Ritz-like service in less than a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good point......

And we've seen Motorprovider staff present themselves on this forum in breach of TSN terms and conditions before, posing as "a customer" called Happymotor NONO3.GIFznaika.gifNONO3.GIF

Only to be exposed because they had posted identical replies on another website (also posing there as a retail customer) while all along being the rogue trader in question buttcheeks.gifopenfire.gif

Dishonorable conduct from Motorprovider EEK2.GIFdung.gifNONO3.GIFbuttcheeks.gifopenfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now i don't know but im guessing it was probably just one salesman.

One person does NOT make a company.

One rogue salesman and everyone blows things out of propotion. FFS.

Look at the post counts of others that have posted that they were happy. ROLLEY~14.GIF

pengy.gif

True but i was not just talking about this one thread.

In this thread if im reading it right you have

55 ysabelle 19/04/06 06:06 PM

23 gtimania 18/02/06 06:57 AM

130 JonnyGTi 21/02/06 10:27 PM

total = 208 posts ex (motorprovider bloke) notice the join dates are months back too.

How about i turn this round then and how does anyone know that the bad mouthing posts thats going on by mostly low post count members is not just simply a rival company using people to bad mouth this company?

All,

Believe me, the competition doesn't need to bad mouth MP - the feed back from several customers on different areas of the web don't seem too wrong to me - or maybe I am just unlucky in that they advise me when my car is due and then the dates keep slipping. A few sites have "been requested" to remove posts associated with the same supply issues.

Anyway anyone who wishes to validate my position (even though I have only just signed up to "the smoke" - please contact me and i'll send you a scan of my order form where you can see the facts from a genuine customer.

Cheers

Rob

P.S. When / If my car arrives I will continue to post how it goes (good o bad) which a competitor wouldn't do.

well spotted snoopy CMC950 mentions euroimports alot maybe he had dealt with them or may be not. I suppose you could say if some one is giving good reports about a company is the a genuine reflection and the same could be said about bad reports.

With all due respect rjsmith26 you have two posts, both are rants. Which is fair enough as you are more than welcome to come on TSN and share your experience (we welcome it). But would you have come on here if you hadn't had a problem, likewise the other people too. The internet is a great tool, but also a good source of therapy to vent some anger and frustration.

rjsmith , I am sure you have been given the option of your £500 deposit to be refunded but you are still hanging in there with MP because you know that noone out there can match their price AND come up with a better delivery date for the spec you want. I am sure the delays are out of the control of MP - it just so happens that you have ordered one of the most desirable hot hatches on the market.

I ranted when mine was delayed and even began to look at an alternative supplier but the lead times and prices I was being given were horrific by comparison. Granted, if I was still waiting then I would be very angry fekr.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Ordered in eraly Jan06 with an Apr/May06 delivery.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair to Motorprovider they have admitted (on another thread) that they have had problems in the past meeting delivery times for some Golf GTI specific orders. As a result they have now changed their policy and only sell GTI's from stock.

[ QUOTE ]

To be fair to Motorprovider they have admitted (on another thread) that they have had problems in the past

[/ QUOTE ]

True enough, but why did Motorprovider staff present themselves on this forum in breach of TSN terms and conditions posing as "a customer" called Happymotor and then post false and diverting accusations?

No doubt there are many hundreds of happy MP customers.

But their underhand and unpleasant conduct, let alone some of the poor customer service and porky pies, is what has led to some of the downsides in these threads blush.giffrown.gifmad.gif

They've brought negative comment upon themselves by their own conduct which was neither honest nor open at outset EEK2.GIFNONO3.GIFEEK2.GIFdung.gifEEK2.GIFopenfire.gif

They are the real deal - and they supply the manual in english as part of the deal, picked mine up 03-06-03 saved a bundle. ordered 12-04-06

Quick update - They are only selling from stock now due to the cars being held up on customs due to the VAT scam. I was offered a black one 3 days before mine arrived. Bad communication but great when it turns up.

Reflex Silver - DSG - 18's - Cruise - Leather - CD stack

Thank you Phat_boy (2 posts) for another commendation of a company that have failed many forum members. The "real deal" for what - telling customers their car would be UK spec and then it wasn't (Hibbsy) as it had an inflaction wheel puncture kit and no spare wheel? Not telling customers about the smoking pack? Failing to be honest and open with customers and misrepresenting delays? sportifs2.gif

Motorprovider have been less than honest and lied to many customers. There is no doubt that there are many happy customers and you may be one of them - you do not tell us whether you got a fully UK standard specificaiton car, nor do you seem to have read the rest of the two recent threads but are high in their praise - a point made already by CMC950 above znaika.gif

Moderators - looks like time to lock these threads before Motorprovider ask any more of "happymotor's" friends and customers to feedback on this forum tongue.gif

Oh dear NHS i have read all your comments re motorprovider its clear to me you really dont like them and if your comments are true ie car late etc i cant say i blame you as no one likes there cars late etc. However when the name motorprovider is mentioned on this forum you are always there by "slagging them off". I dont blame motorprovider if they ask there happy customers to go on here and recommend thatthey are a happy customer as I would so the same when there are people like you are always slagging them off. Its clear to see on this forum alone they have alot more happy people than upset and you dont like that. I make it clear my experience with motorprovider was very good and I have a UK specification car as you try and put doubt in other peoples minds. This may be on the agressive side but the reason I am annoyed that its clear when somone disagrees with your comments re motorprovider(several of them)you have indicated that the forum should be removed. IS THIS FREE SPEECH or fair MR MODERATER !! smashfreakB.gifices_blah.gifznaika.gif

Guys, honestly life is too short!

At the end of the day people such as NHS are trying to help the consumer rather than hinder - if people are having mixed experiences then it should be known, good or bad!

Lets face it, its a big decision to buy a 20k car for much of us and only natural your going to do a lot of research prior to purchasing on particular retailers and you should be able to find out the full story to minimise risk

Clearly people have had positive and very negative purchases with MP so lets just leave it at that and let the buyers decide. All we can do it propose opinions thats it.

Ok NHS stop being a tit.

I have been on here a while and my brother in law bought a GTI from them Full uk spec. I dont know much of the details of delivery and dates he may or may not have been told but he is very happy with his GTI. He even told me to look at buying through them in the future. Now he does not work for them as he works for Homebase and i work for a hire company so i'm nothing to do with them. I through reading these posts and talking to them would use them in the future as i feel they will do a good job. So i would say to you that being such a big organisation they will always have problems just as the stealers do. If you dont like them dont use them. You can post your opinion but calling for a thread to be closed because people that are happy with the company are posting their opinions and you dont like it is petty and childish.

NONO3.GIF

Come off it, the only tits around here are the ones claiming to have nothing to do with Motorprovider.... AND accusing others of working for their competitors.

So, where are all the stories of bad service from Select and Euro's then....? Cos I can't find any.

CMC950 if anyone is going to be acusing anyone of being an imposter then surely it should be someone that has been around for a while not just five mins.

If people are acusing me of working for someone i dont then read my profile you'll see who i work for.

Clue is in my screen name.

As for the others, its the fecking internet personally everything i read on here i take with a pinch of salt. Apart from the true kings and queens of this site such as Lupobabe redrobin MrMe (work in piece) Mollox Ari and others. If they thought there was something wrong they would put a stop to it. So get off your high horse about MP and let people have their own opinions.

CMC950 DO i sense a bit of Paranoia or just dam right rudeness on our side for your fello members.

ALSO STOP BEING A TIT

members both new and old diagree with you however oxfordlad had it right

"Clearly people have had positive and very negative purchases with MP so lets just leave it at that and let the buyers decide. All we can do it propose opinions thats it".

MY EXPERIENCE WAS GOOD< YOURS WAS BAD AS YOU CAR WAS DELAYED>

they use to say nothing worse than a scorned women well could be said the same about a man.

You can probably sense I dont like be accused of being someone else and also do other members.

The reason to close this thread relates to abuse of the TSN terms and conditions and process sportifs2.gif

I see gtimania and collease have indulged in personal abuse, including shouting, and have breached TSN terms and conditions frown.gif

I see "happymotor" have breached TSN T&C frown.gifNONO3.GIFfrown.gif

From a textual analysis there are three or more contributors within happymotor (registered as one individual) slap.gif

I am delighted for those happy with their purchases.

There is the interesting pyschological phenomenon of conversion in action: those happy with their cars then ascribe happiness with their purchases and this "transfers" to the person who sold them the car. There is much research on this and it is for real. Just see how many people love their GTIs, yet ascribe their happiness to Motorprovider (rather than to the Manufacturer or to their choice of purchase or to the car itself) crazy.gif

Those who don't have insight will doubtless continue their abuse on this thread blush.gif

Those who can't recognise that Motorprovider has already posted falsely as a customer will not recognise the doubts that any low count posting now produces ROLLEY~14.GIF

Once Motorprovider had shown a lack of integrity and honesty it brings all positive postings into doubt shocked.gif

And regarding those who are in the motor trade and who have relatives who have got cars that work - and yes they came from Motorprovider - yes here is transference in action.

Caveat Emptor. Let the Buyer Beware.

Before you buy do your homework. Google them and see what others say on other forums and other places on the net. As NHS has said the fact that this dealer does post under sydeonyms counst against them badly (IMO) – and this should be pointed out – however clearly there are some very happy customers.

If you really want to hear about a dishonest importer try

http://www.micronetshowroom.com/

and then google the owners name Richard Loach

I very nearly bought a car from these guys. Just at the point of handing over the credit card number I googled the owners name because I though it was odd they where not a Limited company.

Page after page of News paper exposés, every forum from Mini owners to Honda S2000 owners ranting, BBC Watchdog warnings, disqualified directors register, CCJ’s and High Court action for car fraud – the whole nine yards.

What the scam is this.

They take a deposit (sometime 10% of the value of the car) and then do nothing – apart watch the interest on your deposit grow.

Then the price goes up so pay more

Then there is a delay

Then the price goes up

Then there’s a further delay

After a while they order a car – not to your spec though just the basic spec.

After you have waited a while (one fellow was nearly two years for an X5 that never turned up) you threaten to cancel the order. No problem accept the contract you signed means you a) loose your deposit and b) owe them money as a cancellation fee.

Then your hear the good news that the car will be with you next week!!!!

Now it gets really dodgy. “Could we have the full cost of the car now please?” You have to pay them (not the European VW Franchise). You pay over you 20K and wait in anticipation.

And wait

And wait.

After a month of all your money sitting in their bank account a car turns up, not what your order, maybe the correct colour, but not what your ordered.

Then you have to spend a year trying to get your money back for the options you did not get – or you cancel in which case you loose your deposit etc.

I was gutted when I discovered this - I was so please I had found a GTi at a bargain price – I really wanted it to be true.

Please Google this to see what has happened to others - it is a very very scary story.

So Top Tip: Check companies house for the financials of the company – you can see if the directors are disqualified, what Profit and loss was and how long they have been trading (it cost £2’s to do this)

The tall and the short of this is that you are all correct in your opinions and it very positive that everyone (including the dealer as it reveals them in different light) posts on this subject. It shouldn’t get personal though.

For me the buying experience from Motorprovider was mixed. I certainly didn't get a full UK spec GTi, and the one time I called after the sale they were less approachable than I had experienced before.

Having said that I did get the silver DSG GTi I wanted very quickly (cancelled order) and at a price I have not seen matched by anyone else on the net. Also finance through them was very competitive. Although watch the small print on agency selling if you go down this route...might not suite all circumstances. coffee.gif

If anyone is considering using them I would proceed with caution be very exact about the UK Spec (list was posted here a while back) and make sure you get a GTi from stock.

At the end of the day they exist to make money (their margins must be reasonably tight at the prices they sell at ) and not to make our lives wonderfull wink.gif . . . are the stealers any better ? Certainly not £3K better ! smile.gif