Recode Beetle active spoiler??

Paul

Anyone have the procedure or know if its possible to recode the beetle speed controlled spoiler to operate at a lower (preferably legal! ) speed?

Ross-tech's site mentions,

54- Rear Spoiler: – KWP1281

VAG-COM appears to work fine. This is for New Beetle 1.8T only

so there is likely to be a module/controller

The cars actually a Uk supplied V5, with US spec lights and bumpers etc, and also has the active spoiler.

Its possible that it may be self explanitory when i actually log into to the module, with suggestions from the software, but it would be nice to know in advance.

Hi Uwe,

Its a friends car. From a brief telephone conversation

Im told it deploys at 100mph which is 30mph over our highest UK speed limit!

Im led to belive there is provision for operating it manualy via a switch but it overrides this and retracts at 20mph, until you reach 100mph again.

My friend is contemplating operating it manually, and pulling the fuse/killing the power so its out all the time,

I wondered if there was a neater/easier vagcom solution. 169144-ok.gif

Had a look this evening and there certainly doesnt appear to be any adaption channels pressent. 0-99.

Coded all the remote locking/beeps/autolock while i was there, So thanks to Uwe for the instructions from his site, as it differs slightly to the Audi method of coding im used to.

You should check with US Beetle owners, but I'm pretty sure that the US model deploys the spoiler at a considerably lower speed, so replacing the spoiler control module with one from a US-spec car could be a possible solution.

-Uwe-