Urgent help needed, immobiliser

jims4

Removed the clocks from the dash of my B5 S4 today and it seems i have upset the immobiliser, The ignition works and the car starts but dies again after a second and the immobiliser light flashes.

I know the immobiliser is in the clocks but thought this was only a problem if the dash was changed for another.

Is there any way i can recode this without VAG Com or a trip to the dealers as the cars stuck at my dads and i really need it tomorrow.

Cheers

Sorry my friend, I can not help. Can you not reset the alarm system with the key. Maybe Audi service department could help you (but that might be a first. Try the handbook. You could carry out the proceedure to reset the key, it's in the handbook. Just a thought.... 169144-ok.gif

Try this..noidea if will work on a B5 ..but it works for my C5 A6 when the key / immobiliser (which is in the dash) looses synch...

Turn on ignition and leave the key in when immobiliser is flashing and wait - up to 20 mins if need be - and wait for the flashing light to go out ...when it does turn off and start ...should start fine (if this works on a B5 !)

Thanks for the ideas, I tried leaving the ignition on for 20 min's but no joy. The only thing i can find in the hand book is resynching the remote by manually locking and unlocking the door but this didn't work either.

A friend knows someone with VAG Com so will see if he can help, otherwise i'll have to pay to get the car transported the 25 miles to the nearest dealer