[Audi A3/S3] Speed of the 2.0T FSI DSG Special Edition

terrymcg

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone else dissapointed with the power of the above mentioned car? No patch on my old 225 TT. Very sad!

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a Leon Cupra R 225 before mine, same engine as the TT. I think the 2.0TFSI is better, i think whats making it seem different is the fact the TFSI is very smooth, where as the 1.8T gave a lump of power. I also had REVO on my LCR and I am still impressed by the said car. I have only had it 2 days too, so will only get better.

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone else dissapointed with the power of the above mentioned car? No patch on my old 225 TT. Very sad!

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you run it in. These days they are very tight for at least the first few thousand miles. Plus its not very happy when it doesn't have a nice slug of Optimax in its belly.

A friend of mine has a Seat Leon Cupra R and he things mine is much faster than his. Drive it in manual for a bit might help, I get frustrated sometimes when mine always wants to change down when the torque at moderate raves makes it feel far quicker than changing down sometimes IMO. Plus don't take it to the red line as the power tails off after 6300 ish and there is nothing to be gained going higher. 169144-ok.gif

Thats a funny one because Audi quote 280nm from 1800rpm to 5000 or more whatever it is. But clearly in the lower gears its not hit full boost until at least 3000rpm. If 1800 is 280nm then 3000rpm must be 250lbs ish. It comes in a lump.

I dragged next to a friends Focus RS through 2nd and 3rd and this was when mine only had 1000miles and it was level.

Mines the quattro manual. Its only slow above 120. (km/h) I used to have a 1.6 hatch that I tuned to 320hp, now that was fast above 120.

Have the opportunity to compare the 2 daily and can say 2 things. The 225 engine comes into its own at around 4.5k revs where is goes from strength to strength, the 2.0T doesnt seem to. The 2.0T is also a lot smoother with less boost and aggression - this makes it appear a lot slower than it actually is. It also appears to be a much bigger car (against the TT anyway) and that may not help the case, they are exactly the same weight - our 2 are anyway.

To be honest, unless you're hammering it then there doesnt seem that much difference.