Rough Dealer markup on used A4's

Sparky

If I was looking to trade mine in and I was browsing the Used A4 sections for cars very similar to mine, what's the rough markup dealers add?

Just trying to gauge a price for mine before I go anywhere near a dealer and found some similar spec'd to mine.

I was thinking about £1,000 - £1,500 on top of what they'll offer me. Is that about right?

Well, the customer would never know but I used to be with Jaguar and it was 3K

1K would go on prep, service, tyres, and a warranty. A Jag warranty would cost the dealer the guts of £700

1K ish, on over allowance on a part exchange, I.E if your car is really worth £15k they would offer £16k or if there was no part exchange a customer would expect £500 off at least.

Then they do like to make a profit. Normally 1K ish.

There should be a web site that people can put there cars on just before they sell it too the dealer with the a mark up of say £500. It would benifit everyone and would be fair.

If the worst comes to the worst you can still sell it to the dealer. But people would have to be honest with the part exchange price they were given and would have to know the No part exchange dscount to work out what they were really getting for their car.