Avic X1 into S8 with Bose - Start up popping noise

Much as it pains me, I'm going to move away from the nice oem feel in my pre facelift S8 and install a Pioneer Avic X1 single Din Sat Nav. I've considered retro fitting the correct Audi double din one with center console, but finding them on scrappers is like finding a needle in a haystack, and they're pretty pricey too.

Anyway, the problem is that the Avic has luvely standard RCA pre outs, and i have the autoleads adapter to convert the current amp connections from the back of the Audi HU into RCA connectors.

When I turn on the ignition though, I get a loud speaker popping, which is most likely the amp coming on full pelt and then a small blip on the signal cables from the HU.

Its annoying me! - The original Audi head unit doesnt do it, but why? Does it delay the amp turn on, or is it somehow more clever in reducing the startup surge?

Has anyone had this problem and engineered around it?

I'm contemplating inline rca suppresion filters, and/or a capacitor or time delay in line with the amplifer switched feed, but its a whole load of messing and testing I'd love to avoid if anyone else already has an answer..?