Sharan, Alhambra and Galaxy

Regulator

Was speaking to my next door neighbour who was thinking of changing his Toyota Corolla Verso for either a Sharan, Alhambra or a Galaxy. He started asking me what the differences were to which I was blank as they all look the same. The only obvious difference I could see was two were VAG cars and the third a Ford.

Now, The Sharan and the Alhambra would be very similar just wearing different badges, but then I thought maybe the Galaxy just has a similar shell on the outside but inside would still have the characteristics of a Ford.

Then, a few days later, I sat in a Galaxy and it looked exactly the same as the inside of an Alhambra.

Everything about this Ford looked like the Alhambra. The gear knob, dials, handles ... EVERYTHING ... (except the stereo.)

So, can someone please explain if they are all built by one company or have they just copied eachothers idea's? confused.gif

Also, just a side note, i notice that we don't have a sub section for Sharan's under veedub ... is it because nobody on here own's one? crazy.gif

I know a couple of people who've got the diesel Galaxy (it's a VW unit) and someone with the Alhambra. I can't comment on them myself but all are very pleased with their choice. As has been said they're all much of a muchness.

I've been in one of the Galaxy's and the interior wasn't too bad at all- I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same as the VAG offerings. I haven't been in the Alhambra to compare I'm afraid.

Specs are different. For example (if I recall correctly) air con is standatd on the Seat but not (or wasn't anyway) on the VW.

I hired a Galaxy for a day a while back when I needed to transport six people. It was a silver Ghia with a diesel engine (no idea what, guess it was a 130hp 4 cyl?) and it drove really really nicely. No sportscar, but cruised nicely at 80mph, quiet, comfortable, well equipped, lovely.

My Dad has has 3 Alhambra's consecutively through work and would have another, thinks they are stonking vehicles, carry a huge amount of stuff with all seats out, carry 7 people reasonably well, handle well for their size (lets remember its a luxury bus) and the hitch weight is very good. I'd think about having one instead of my landrover as a tow/workhorse vehicle if I needed more of a touring vehicle.

Never had an issue apart from one cambelt go which was a fault on part of the dealer and the total bill was picked up by them!

I've got the an old '98 model ghia x 2.3zetec and boy does it shift EEK2.GIF I've wiped the smile off loads of people at the lights. Its err.. very good as a meat wagon as well swollowed a 10ft board room table with 3 seats taken out. Its got loads of gadgets and can be VAGcomed(except the zetec lump), IMO does what it says on the tin and then some 169144-ok.gif