Sun Shades

Part of the car paraphernalia I have orders to get for my baby daughter are rear window sun shades (both sides?)

I don't want one with a cat's face etc from Halfrauds.

Anyone recommend any good shades that look reasonably ok?? And where to find them on the interweb.

Any help appreciated 169144-ok.gif

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are at Home > Sunshades

Halfords Nylon Roller Sunblind

itemcode: 123976-0

Enlarge image

Description

Suitable for side or rear window

450 x 550cm approximately

Availability

In stock

price: £4.99 (inc. VAT)

Qty

Delivery

This Product will normally be delivered within 7 working days

The delivery charge for this item is : £4.99

See terms and conditions of sale for details

Store locator

Print page

Come on guys, you drive an Audi.. thought you lot were meant to have subtle style!

Just tint the windows rear of the B-Pillar 20-30%

Much better UV protection and if you crash, the glass won't shatter over your offspring.

Plus, they look much better than cheapo blinds that you'd expect to see in a 12 year old Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX, in faded red, with a fat chubba at the wheel.

[ QUOTE ]

Come on guys, you drive an Audi.. thought you lot were meant to have subtle style!

Just tint the windows rear of the B-Pillar 20-30%

Much better UV protection and if you crash, the glass won't shatter over your offspring.

Plus, they look much better than cheapo blinds that you'd expect to see in a 12 year old Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX, in faded red, with a fat chubba at the wheel.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean and that's why I was concerned to get the right look.

The above pics looks reasonable enough.

Not sure I'm keen on getting the windows tinted.

I tried the audi oem shades that you can retrofit from the dealers in my A6 (not sure if they do them for A4..but chances are they do as they make them for the A2). They were £75...but on my A6 they didn't work ( I had 3 sets before Audi UK agreed to refund and fit me some new door cards ).

After that I searched high and low for the right shades ..I didn't want anything with a logo on ...or roll up (sorry UBM !) ...

In the end I went with the plain black pop up ones (sprung outer wire types that fold into / onto themselves if you know what I mean) ...no where in the UK had big enough ones though (plenty small squares or large rectangles for the back window) ..but I found some in France in a hypermarket - plain black mesh pop up rectangle that pretty much fills the entire back window in the A6 (they have two suckers top /bottom...but they fit inside the frame and hold them selves in so that I can drop the windows without fear of the door trying to eat the blind ...)

If I remember they were only about €2 a pair ..so tip is if you're going to France to keep your eyes open as theres far more choice / sizes out there... (think I got them from the Cite europe hypermarket) ...

I also have a pair of similar - but not totally square ones I got from the US that I was going to put on ebay ...can find you a picture if they might be of interest

Well, I must be honest and we have the £80 audi factory fit ones and sometimes the little one complains of the light, But you have to be driving at the wrong time of day at the wrong direction...... But boy does he complain. probably because he is not used to it.

It is a cheap option and I would buy it again but these blinds should really be a black out rather than a blind.

smirk.gif

Yeah, but think of this:-

Some dozy old bat smashes into the side of your car which shatters your side glass sending very small shards of very sharp glass over your offspring. All it needs is one small shard of glass in the eye......

£150-£200 suddenly becomes very cheap.

If you don't like the "tinted" look, you can get virtually clear UV protection for the glass which will absorb 99% of UV still and hold the glass in one piece if some dozy old bint T-Bones you.