Wish me luck, time to sell the MK4 GTI!

oxfordlad

As we are now in week 22 of the VW production cycle my new MK5 GTI should be starting its journey through the vw plant laugh.gif

Just recieved my V5 document for the retention of my number plate so my MK4 GTI is now free to go!

Wish me luck, I will be sad to see her go, been fantastic over the last 3 years!

http://www.tyresmoke.net/classifieds.php?ShowAd=1554

Been very handy this forum has! 169144-ok.gifFIREdevil.gif

• 2 weeks later...

So do I, so do I!

Well the car is built... just in that limbo time in between transportation to the dealer (then a quick PDI and the ferry only takes 1 day).

So I am hoping that it will come this weekend or the monday or tuesday after as I need it for Wednesday for the ladies final degree show in Norwich!

keep your fingers crossed guys!

do you mind telling us how much it went for? friend of mine is trying to sell a 2001 GTI (115bhp) in Tornado red and people are offering silly money. £4.5k for a 1 owner full VW sericed 29k miles car, with all the toys and 16" wheels is a joke IMHO.

Well mine had done 146k so for a start people think it is worth nothing as a result and it is near 7 years old now.

I got just a little bit over 3k for it and to be honest they got a hell of a lot of car for their money, however when it was advertised at 3.5 it did not get much interest so I lowered it and it rang off the hook! I paid 6k for it 3 years ago, so thats quite cheap motoring in my book smile.gif

All about pricing it right, problem is most buyers know the 2.0 115bhp engine is inferior to the 1.8t (which it is) so the market is narrower as a result.

Your friends will sell just a question of pricing it low enough for the seller to be happer and the buyer too.

29k is low! just a shame that your friend is being undercut but cars that have done a lot more miles and are thus much cheaper.

I wish them good luck, the only place to really sell it is autotrader online, the rest if a waste of money. But be sure to vet the calls you get.

Anyway, enough of that car I dont own it anymore. This is going to be one long week frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

do you mind telling us how much it went for? friend of mine is trying to sell a 2001 GTI (115bhp) in Tornado red and people are offering silly money. £4.5k for a 1 owner full VW sericed 29k miles car, with all the toys and 16" wheels is a joke IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

not really dude, the 115hp GTI's were dung.gif were never in demand, and don't command a premium as a result. IMO The most they could expect is £5k.

I traded a 2001 1.8T GTI with 40k miles for £7k 6 months ago, and that was some hard hard haggling on my part. They weren't great, but were much better than their non turbo counterparts

I'm the guy who has no idea frown.gif

I think why I got so giddy with the price of my car is that the VW stealer offerd me 6k as a part ex against a new GTI so I thought I would get more selling it private. I was very wrong. I had it on flea bay for a week and my top offer was £4,600 looks like my new GTI is getting further away frown.gif

I can't afford to buy one from a stealer. I think the price was around the 22k mark with the the few extras I wanted less 6k for mine comes out at a loan for 16k and I just can't afford the loan on that amount. The only way to get one was to buy from Motorprovider and sell mine private but would have to get 6k. frown.gif

lol. Don't think that would help much. Could always see if this missus is up for it, although saying that I don't think that would generate much cash either wink.gif Wouldn't mind this car is for her anyway, I drive an Audi A4 2.0 TDI S-Line Avant

[ QUOTE ]

lol. Don't think that would help much. Could always see if this missus is up for it, although saying that I don't think that would generate much cash either wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree Verger ! jump.gif

P.S This is the guy who came with me to pick mine up from Motorprovider. Its not an alleged Mp imposter in disguise sekret.gifbike.thumb.gif