Audi A6 TDI clutch and flywheel failure

Tadhg1977

Hi anyone got any thoughts on the following, I purchased an '03 A6 TDI 130bhp with 30k mls from an Audi stealership on Friday, after travelling 200mls of the journey home, when changing down from 5th to 4th gear, i got a grinding/bang noise and then couldn't select any gear, which left me stranded on the M4, car returned to stealership who have identified the fault as car needing new clutch and flywheel which that are going to fix. The car had a full history and was immaculate, however i'm worried that it might be a lemon which will just have more problems along the way (ie gearbox) and should i wash my hands of it and get my money back which i'm entitled to under the 30 day /1000 miles guarantee.

Thanks

Tadhg1977

hhhmmm - you wont really know if its a lemon until after you get it back and drive it a bit further!! I'm sure it will be ok and you can rest in mind that it will have a new clutch and flywheel (inc ancillaries) 169144-ok.gif

Bit annoying when you have collected your new car though, so i understand how you feel 169144-ok.gif

This part also went on my stepdads A4 years back, but that was the least of his problems. He had a proper Friday car and used to know the local Audi Assist guy and frequently bump into him on the M5/M6 service stations to clear faults etc...... his was all electrical though and Audi gave him a lifetime warranty. shocked.gif

Still flogged it though. Bought a C-Class merc... yelrotflmao.gif Lost a silly amount of money on that as he couldnt sell it after 2 years!!! smashfreakB.gif