Wheel sizes - Golf, Passat, Bora etc

Androo

Hello Folks,

I'm new here, so Hi everyone! All four tyres on my steel-wheeled 2000 (W) Passat B5 saloon 115 TDI PD will need changing this year. I've thought about picking up a set of alloys with tyres off eBay as I've noticed these can sometimes sell for little more than the tyres alone are worth (even accounting for wear) and also I'd like some smarter wheels that don't look too chav - I'm not interested in putting wheels that don't look vaguely like an OEM item on the car. Golf and Bora alloys come up much more often than Passat alloys do (since Boras and Golfs get modified much more than Passats do) so can anyone tell me if there would be any compatibility issues with Golf or Bora alloys if fitted to my Passat?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Androo

Why not look out for 16" Passat Sport alloys?

Set of four has just sold on ebay for I think from memory £235 with tyres for a set of four. Get the original wheel bolts with locking nuts and caps if poss, as these can add to your cost!

They are prone to corrosion and some were changed under warranty so check them out and pay accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...