Want to Revo a A3 2.0T

ksteed

As my milttek is not going on for three weeks, while waiting, I want to put a REVO Select remap on the car, but told by Fountain that revo have not got one for my model ? apparently at the moment all i can have is the straight remap. Shame as i wanted to switch it back to standard for when it goes in for its service. Can anyone help or advise me if this is the case, or have a revo on a 2.0T.

thanks guys

No such thing as SPS for the 2.0T.. its a select or select plus now.

I'd check with Revo themselves, the dealers are not always 100% up to date. Have a word with Kev at their head office. I was under the impression the Select is available but I could be wrong, best get it from the horses mouth.

Spoke to kevin, yes they are available. Dealers should have them in stock but not many have ordered them. Kevin advised that if the dealer has not got it, go ahead with remap and they can send me one in the post. It does not need to be fitted when remap is carried out. Cool, thats what i will do. Found revo very helpfull

the_finger.gif

Well ! ! !

Went on saturday, they did not have the revo programme for my chip model. ? ?

As revo are closed on saturdays they could not get them to e.mail the software over.. So am awaiting fountain to confirm they have it, and will be there the following morning. I was gutted. So will be sitting on the phone waiting for the call. The wait is killing me. UHOH7.GIF

taking the car back in, so they can download all the info on my car, settings etc, then it will be e.mailed to kevin at revo, who will build the progaramme around the settings of my car. Will take a couple of days, then i will drive back to the dealer who will load it on. Then..... I will be happy to give you all a report. Anyway guys, look on the bright side, if you have a new 2.0T 2006 special edition, after this you will not have the same hassle as me as I have done it for you. You will probably get my settings,

No need to thank me, just put your cheques in the post. ha ha.

Kev

How can they build a program / remap without actually having access to an actual car ?

An off the shelf universal remap for a particular engine needs hours and hours of development both by way of live mapping and on a dyno before being passed onto a customer as a finished product

I would make sure you get someone who has plenty experience with det cans to have a good listen to your engine after you have your new map loaded .

The only way any settings should be adjusted is with a lot of diagnostic equipment plugged into the car on a rolling road or with car being monitored and mapped live.

Revo mapping keeps all the existing safety features of the ECU so you wont get any detonation... I had much the same with my old A3, none of the tuners had revision 7 of the ECU so I had to do pretty much the same as ksteed (admittedly not with Revo but Forge...).

went back to fountain, they had received updated software on vehicles and hey presto! mine was on there, so loaded it up and WOW ! It is a different car all together. Cannot beleive where all this power has come from. Done 250 miles in it yesterday, car is smoother to drive, mpg is better than before, and i am very, very happy. Without the remap it is like driving around with the handbrake on . Revo rocks !

the_finger.gif

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

Tell us more! Where is the power? Low down, mid-range? Am very tempted by this......

[/ QUOTE ]

Everywhere, whenever I put my foot down it is there, not a kick in the back, but nice and progressive through the range. It just seems to keep going and going. Very , very happy with it. Would hate to drive the car without it.

That is without the controller. You can purchase the additional controller at any time afterwards straight from kevin at revo. Simply turns the remap off and on. You just plug it in under the dash by the bonnet release. Will get one before it goes in for service.

yes...ON. Thats the general idea of having a remap.

With select plus you can play around with boost settings etc. but first you start with the straight remap as i have done, then purchase the select plus to play any further, but I am more than happy with mine, it is set for 98 octane and goes like the clappers.

As I understand it, the Select Plus will allow you (or the tuner) to allow for what 'hardware' your car has such as Hi-flow exhaust/Air Intake etc and consequently compensate via the settings. The user might not necessarily want the max neddies possible. For example, you might prefer 250bhp rather than 270bhp for all year round road driveability on a FWD car with Stage2/3 hardware.