Clutch on Golf IV - 1.8T

harminder

Most times I press the clutch down to change gear I can hear a whooooosh noise coming from around the engine bay.. sportifs2.gif

I dont think it can be the turbo as this seems to happen at lows revs as well as high revs (from 1500rpm onwards)...

Also ever since I have had the car the clutch has always had a very high biting point and often when you pull off from a standing start the car seems to vibrate as the clutch is released! confused.gif

Any ideas if this is all related (car has done 60k).. crazy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

my golf did exactly that (not the biting point bit - you're on your own there) but everytime I dropped the clutch there was this whooshing noise even when going at slow speeds

to cut a very long story short, it turned out to be the turbo pressure valve which was a quick replacement job by VW (you could probably do it yourself if you know how), I think the part was around £70 + labour

[ QUOTE ]

my golf did exactly that (not the biting point bit - you're on your own there) but everytime I dropped the clutch there was this whooshing noise even when going at slow speeds

to cut a very long story short, it turned out to be the turbo pressure valve which was a quick replacement job by VW (you could probably do it yourself if you know how), I think the part was around £70 + labour

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Hudster!

Anyone know if its worth changing the turbo pressure valve quickly or shall I wait for it to get a little worse? frown.gif

Dont feel any loss of power but then again I dont want it to damage anything else! smashfreakB.gif

mine was quiet when I got it, then got louder and louder over 6 months

had no (noticable) impact on power, and one of my mates told me I should leave it as it sounded cool 169144-ok.gif

not dangerous as far as I'm aware as it just makes the turbo slightly less efficient, but you might as well fix it now you know what it is

if you have access to a VAGCOM I can show you the readout my car gave at the time so you can compare and double check