Finally got my OZ's down under, the arches that is

BenjyGTI

I'm not a great fan of wheels other than the Monzas but I have to say that those look pretty cool. Though a proper side view would show them better. They would doubtless look even better on a Mk5 .:R32.

What are those number plate surrounds you've got, please ?

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not a great fan of wheels other than the Monzas but I have to say that those look pretty cool. Though a proper side view would show them better. They would doubtless look even better on a Mk5 .:R32.

[/ QUOTE ]

Robin, I suspect you still harbour an obsession for an R32.. fresh from 5 days ripping around in one i can understand that...

[ QUOTE ]

Love the wheels!! How does she ride?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ta Oli 169144-ok.gif

She rides great, reall surprised there isn't more road feedback cos of the low profiles, but I can't say I have noticed any diference between those and my 18's that I sold at the weekend jump.gif

How you finding your BBS CH's? Assume yu're running 225/35 tyres too?

[ QUOTE ]

Cleaning alloys is a doddle if you invest in a Meguiar's long handle (removable) brush.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, how true Red! beerchug.gif

I bought one of tose brushes immediately on saturday, and it was a god send, else I'd ave never been able to have cleaned into the back of the wheels. My advice to anyone without one is get one, cos even with the superb access the 18" Monza's provide, it'll still save you skinning your knuckles on the rear disc heatsheild (or have only I done that fekr.gif )

[ QUOTE ]

That last shot looks like you're running on the rims ! grin.gif

Have you got any full side pics by the way ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for all the comments guys beerchug.gif

Only side pic I have at the mo is this partial one, will try and do some good side pics this weekend

side.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean my chrome plate surrounds or the plates themselves Red?

The plates I had made up to my own design, can possibly arrange for others to be done though if anyone is interested, they are in the GTi typeface as you can see, as for my plate surrounds they are here second item down on that page, stainless plate surrounds 169144-ok.gif

plate_front.jpg

plate_rear.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Those wheels do look better on the car than what I thought they would - quite classy. Cleaning the red callipers could be the tricky bit! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, as I have already found out, haha jump.gif

Even the toothbrush has a tough time getting in, think I need some magic pixies to go in and clean them, maybe build them a little scaffold, damn, what time is it? I'm dreaming.... ZZZ.gifyelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Veedub ABSOLUTELY STUNNING !!! Really really like them 1st non sts wheels i would consider !

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Barry, your comments are much appreciated beerchug.gif

I do think they suit the shape very well, in all honesty, I think they look much better in the flesh.

If anyone is interested, OZ do them in the 5 x 112 fitment with an offset of ET48 which is as close to the ET51 of the VW alloys as I could get, but they sit perfect in the arches I think at 8 inches wide.

Got them at a good price too with Yoko Parada 2 tyres, so if anyone is thinking of buying a set, PM me, I'll give you the details 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Isn't the number plate typeface illegal ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is is yes Red, but I have had plates like that on all my cars over the years, and I have never had any trouble?

I guess I don't look like the sort to be out driving a banger as such, so the police around my way tend not to even give me a second look, or the plates, is odd, but they actually seem to not mind someone who drives around in a spotless and well looked after car..... 169144-ok.gif

Makes a change eh the_finger.gif