[Audi A3/S3] New A3 TDI S - Line

Ecosse79

I have just bought a new A3 TDI S Line which I take delivery of in around 10 days. I am planning on getting the Superchips ECU upgrade. Does anyone have any chat on the Superchip upgrade and if it is the one to go for? I spoke to my local Superchip dealer today and they said it will be putting out around 185 bhp with close to 300 pounds/foot torque!!! lol.gif

no,they down load the new map to the ecu,

ecosse79,i would look around at other remaps too,such as oettinger,revo,mtm etc,as tese do a lot of vag cars,and oettinger,via rsd,match the audi warranty,

all im saying is have a good look around before you take the plunge,where are you located,you could try mine,or maybe have a demo in a revo one,i think they do a 5hr trial.

I live in Edinburgh. I have been speaking with a guy from a Superchip dealer near Edinburgh and he was saying that they now download straight to the ECU. Its going to cost around £400 all in for the upgrade. Does anyone know if there is a certain upgrade to go for? I am of the opinion that they are all pretty similar.

That's true, they do download to the ECU. However, they do this by removing the ECU from your car and bench flashing it. Bench flashing is dangerous and isn't generally highly thought of.

I've also heard that their idea of "remapping" is just upping the torque demand on the engine as opposed to actually altering the map on the ECU.

Seriously, look around. There are better products for the money IMO 169144-ok.gif

Try Star Performance, they're somewhere in Fife so they shouldn't be too far from you smile.gif