Corvette Z06 v Ford GT

MOSE

Hhhhmmmmmm, interesting vid.

Reason I am interested in this vid is that the Zo6 has an ever so slightly upgraded engine than what the Monaro VXR has, albeit that the Z06 is a bit lighter. But here is a slightly modded Z06 (remap and air intake mod) up against a Ford GT (one of me dream cars). Check the end of the vid when the Corvette disappears from the GT......fecking awesome stuff!!

Corvette C06 V Ford GT

Yep, me too. Love the Z06.

I guess you could say it's an "ever so slightly upgraded version" of the Monaro unit inasmuch as the LS units are all more or less developments of the original 5.7. Having said that, I have a feeling there's a bit more to the LS7 than boring out the LS2 by a litre... grin.gif

Just think - that modded Z06 will be quicker than the C6R Le Mans car... ECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I thought the normal Monaro had the 5.7litre from the old C5 and the VXR had the 6.0litre from the C6? The Z06 is a 7.0litre smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely true...the CV8 and original 5.7 VXR sported the LS1 same engine as C5. The 6.0L VXR has the LS2 same as the C6, the Z06 has the LS7, which as I said in the original post is ever so slightly upgraded!