italy on a budget... (it is car related in a way!)

skifly

Guys - i have managed to get the first week of july off work and me and a mate were thinking of a trip to italy and doing a bit of a mince around the place. We will probably pick up a hire car (maybe the new alfa) and then will head off around places like pisa, rome, venice etc...

So my big questions really are where would people go if they did this sort of trip...?

Where would you stay in each city considering we want cheap but clean...?

Hopefully some of you will have some ideas - oh and if they happen to include some car related sights... wink.gif

Cheers - Chris

well know my first post was a little vague but here is an outline plan of the trip - is there anything that you would change / want to see along the way.

Sun: Arrive Venice afternoon

Mon: Drive to San Marino / Ravenna via coast road afternoon

Tues: Drive to florence & stay 2 nights

Thurs: Probably head to sienna

Friday: Onwards to the empire... (rome) then 2 nights there without the car and fly home on the sunday.

So any opinions on any of these places or good B&B's / hostels, sights that have to be seen etc...?

Any chance of getting onto the track at san marino with the dodgy hire car... (and anyone fancy PM'ing any discount codes they may happen to have??)??

Cheers all - will bring back a peroni for anyone who helps... wink.gif169144-ok.gif