Kerbview mirrors on Mk5 R32

THR32

Evening all,

As of MY07 the Mk5 Golf range's Lux Packs include 'Reverse-activated kerbview mirrors' where the nearside rear-view mirror points down when you engage reverse.

Given the presence of electric mirrors, surely this must just be a software-enabled thing, mustn't it? If that's the case, is it possible to get it switched on through VAG-COM / dealer systems in return for some workshop time if you didn't specify it from the factory?

And while I'm on the subject, are there any other optional extras that can be enabled through software? Doubt it - folding mirrors was the closest thought I had - but do the gurus here know better?

Many thanks

TH

On existing cars it's enabled here:

46-Cent.Conv -> Coding -> Byte 09 Bit 7.

But it only works on cars that have seat memory.

Not really sure what's up with MY 2007 cars with respect to this feature. If you have such a car, post up a scan of the Central Convenience system which includes the part number and the existing (stock) coding.

-Uwe-

Thank you for that. I do have the car, but no VAG-COM connection, so getting the scan may take me some time.

Also trying to convince dealers to admit that the option exists and find out the exact nature of it. No electric seat option on UK-spec R32s (though there is in Germany, for instance), so imagine they must have unbundled the kerb view from the seats.

TH