Screen wash fluid

Jove

With the VW or Audi system, you need to use either halogen based or synthetic washer fluid for maximum effect / minimum clogging. However, my experience when asking for either of these from the local Halfords was a blank stare as if I'd grown another head! (he'd obviously failed his Woolworths exam and Halfords was his second choice of career).

So, off to the dealers and ask for some of their special stuff. 169144-ok.gif

Only joking about the halogen / synthetic stuff actually, but people do report problems using cheap washer fluid. Reports of washers clogging, hoses going brittle etc. are not unknown, so many people swear by the VAG stuff. Personally I use Halfords Super concentrate (the blue stuff, not the yellow) as it was on special offer, 3 for 2, and I've had no problems. Your mileage may vary. smile.gif

Well, I don't have a tow bar....... laugh.gif But I still get nearly 60mpg, so neither I don't think.

I just hate Lookers (the local VW shed) so don't bother with 'em. An 80 mile round trip to Harrogate to a useful VW Dealer is a bit far for some screenwash, and I use a lot in the van aswell when I'm on the road. That reminds me, must get another van.....