Volkswagen UK

And Wayside VW - talk about bad attitude looking after the incompetant.

Book Beetle in and asked for loan of a Touran - spoke to sales with service advisor 3 weeks before service booking - no problems. GO to collect car and sales guy denies all knowledge of even having the discussion and that was with a witness from his own organisation - so I get a Golf Plus!

Beetle went into Wayside for a few things - one of which was hood lining coming away from the cab hood around the rear window - 7 days later still no progress as VW uk wont tell them what glue to use to fix it and wont let them replace the entire roof either.

SPoke to VW uk - they make a note of my call look into it and then refer it to a case advisor - She will look into my case on 4th August - they appologise for the delay but cant do anything sooner!!!!!

What kind of customer service is that - we cant fix your car, but we cant look into why we cant fix it for another week.

Everytime I deal with VW uk or Wayside I am further astounded by how crap they truely are. IF this was any other market they would survive. So yet again VW prove they their aftersales is moomoodoodoo.

They are lying to you.

This is a common problem with the Beetle cabriolets. The dealer and VW UK now of the fix. As far as I know they used to use clips to resecure the roof lining around the window and now instead they use some bonding stuff. VW has told every delaer in the country this and is well documented and is easy to find on ELSA.

I will try and get you a copy tomorrow if I can. I have a copy of the old fix I will try and find the new one.

HI, The adhesive you require has a part number of 8224 which is a 3M number but should be available from your local dealer, the info can be found on ELSA HST/TPL & here is the reference number - 2007188/1

If you PM me i can send you the PDF file of the instructions with pictures ( i have no web space)

regards

Steve

(VW Technician)

I lied - well rather they did.

Got a call from VW uk yesterday to confirm that the dealer hasnt yet spoken to tech support, and VW dotn want them to do a repair until they have - so 3 weeks down the line I have no cab still and still no repair carried out.

VW Uk want to work with me to ensure I have a good experience - but they wont loan me a cab while mine is being fixed, so thats one point down. I suggested they could not charge me for the extra bits I want doing - they arent interested in that either. Not sure how they do this keeping me sweet, but doesnt work like any other indusry thats for sure.

Yeah the cab came from a different dealer some time ago - it took 2 months to get it booked in.

I drove past Wayside Fri / Sat / Mon - car hadnt moved, sat on their forecourt so anyone could damage it if they wanted, just out front with all the rest of the cars.

VW uk - reply about me wanting a cab - We dont run Beetle Cabs as loan cars, they kept changing the discussion when I mentioned having one off of their fleet.

Just cr@p - 3 fab cab weeks and no cab frown.gif

IF they give me a Votex body kit and Golf Anni wheels for free - I might forgive them.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow

I thought only I had grief and crap from VW. My Golf went back 20 times in the first year (04 MKV 2.0TDi).

VW UK were spinless - all wish bone and no back bone. They could not get Wayside to rectify the issues and everytime the damn thing went in I got a crappy 1.1 polo!!

The car is running ok now (and I now take it to APS in Brackley) and will dump it as soon as is finacially viable for me, and I will never buy another VW again (but I do so like the Golf GTI so it is a shame).

Feckers!

Tone

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to dd further insult to the injuries!

I got an error on the 2.0TDi called "Emmisions Workshop" last friday. As it happens it was 5pm and I was a mile away from Kingston (Milton Keynes) and took the car in to ensure the problem was not going to cause a huge issue. Anyway they took it in and I spoke to the engineer and he said it was ok to drive and that it needed a new sensor.

Booked it in in 3 weeks time (earliest) and went on my way.

Bank holiday monday - driving back to London and the flipping car overheats - the air con fails and I get a stop error saying I need to stop. Fortunately as London traffic goes I was at lights so I turned off the engine - back on and it started to overheat again - saying check coolant!

So I turned it off got out (on A5 Kilburn) checked the coolant - plenty there!

I got to my destination and let the car cool off thinking I'll pop to a local dealer.

Anyway next day I call up all the local dealers and non of them can see it for around 3 weeks. One mentioned calling out VW Assistance and then they would tow it into a dealer - I explained to him that it was drivable...

Anyway Tues eve I called out VW and they sent a guy out (subcontractor) and he essentially covered his arse by saying don’t drive it.

Next morning I finally get a response from City VW after leaving several messages for various people and that I can take it in as soon as possible. So I called the VW Assistance and they sent a proper technician who found the issue, obtained the part and fixed it - but I had to essentially take a half day out of work in order for this to happen.

Now I want to go back to Wayside and give em a bollocking for not finding the same fault that the Assistance guy found.

VW Assistance found a valve had failed. This caused some stress in other parts of the EMS a fuse blew that also managed the radiator fan and caused the air con to fail.

The VW assistance chap obviusly did not point any fingers but in a round about way said I should not have been driving it.... what should I do - they caused me a fair bit of grief! W@nchers!

Tone

[ QUOTE ]

well my car is back in tomorrow - after the previous 5 weeks it needs to go in again for a water test on the roof!!!! Oh plus the rest of the stuff that VW forgot to fix last time, plus the bits they broke while they had it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you are going to need a shed load of luck! Perhaps organise a test drive in one of the Toureg V10's that are on the forcourt and let the sales guy know you'll be keen to buy if your aftersales dept sort out the current issues on the Beetle? That way the sales guys may put a bit of pressure on the service manager o your behalf based on a possible sale. You are after a 4x4 (Cayenne) so mention it to them...good luck anyway