time for a change?

allanon_1980

No No No No, white would be a BIG NO NO!!!! especially for a BMW.

Black, silver/grey for me 169144-ok.gif

Also 325ci is not that quick (don't go by the stats), try and stretch for a 330d or if you must have petrol, go for a 330ci at least. I made that mistake, and although the handling was second to none, the engine was just so slow i couldn't live with it!!!

Saw a nice RS4 parked in Ranelagh few days back... now that was a nice car! A snip at €104k. Although there is a 05 M5 down in Maxwell Motors - 2 previous owners already and selling for €115k. Thinking of pulling up in the GTI and asking for a test drive.

Barry - Yeh, on the current models I think you need to go 330 before it beats the GTI. Had a drive in a customers 01 330ci last week and whilst it was really fast and nice to drive I just did not get the same solid road holding feel as I did on GTI - mind you it was first manual I had driven in a few months and we were driving country back roads - usual trick, drive 3 miles one direction to make sure no boys in blue about and then bury it back in opposite direction - not me though, I drove very slow 169144-ok.gif

All said, I am sure the new 325 will be an impressive piece of kit.

Paddy

Have one. Very nice car but totally different to the GTi. Just been up to snow in Mt Hotham (Australia), took the 325Ci and it was a great cruise, pretty cruisey around town too but does it do what the GTI does, NO. Horses for courses, just got to decide what course your on!

[ QUOTE ]

Had a drive in a customers 01 330ci last week and whilst it was really fast and nice to drive I just did not get the same solid road holding feel as I did on GTI

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to try a CI M Sport. They're in a different league and IMO even put the nimble GTI in the shade, simply incredible handling.

It's quite something that it takes a Beemer M Sport to overshadow a Mk5 GTI. I had such fun late last night coming home through the sharp twisties from my gig. There's something about the car size, its seats, and steering wheel of the GTI which adds to a great drive feel. My Millteks were in full song! 169144-ok.gif

I wish that the headlight dipping control could be a button on the MultiFun steering wheel. Stalk is inconvenient when you need both hands very firmly on wheel.

As nice as the BMW 325 is,the 330 is so much better alot more torque and low down power,if you can drive these two cars back to back you will not buy the 325......Plus the 325 is not as powefull as the GTI nor does it handle in the same controlled manor,yes the bmw is rear wheel drive,but heavier.As an all rounder the 330 is your best bet......31mpg combined if you drive reasonable

[ QUOTE ]

I wish that the headlight dipping control could be a button on the MultiFun steering wheel. Stalk is inconvenient when you need both hands very firmly on wheel.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you maybe old enough to remember when it was on the floor on a button/switch. I love my classic cars for that.

I myself would not buy a BMW in white, maybe the BINI but not a BMW.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you maybe old enough to remember when it was on the floor on a button/switch. I love my classic cars for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

....I remember it well! Actually a left foot floor switch would be a great idea, especially on a DSG car.

1. theres 2 white new 3 series around and they look absolutely fab

2. of course id love a 330 or 335 but cant stretch to it

3. Paddy, my father has a 05 M5 take you for a spin if ur ever down my way wink.gif

Ive always loved Bms but i do wonder am I too young for one was thinkin of waiting for the new s3 but by the time its out i feel there will be a new shape a3 around the corner

Dont know what to do confused.gif