[Audi A3/S3] S3 Side skirt info?

Keith_S3

Hi all

looking to have my side skirts re-sprayed and was just wondering if any of you know how they come off?

ie. are they just held in place with the screws along the under side and clips or are they bonded on with adhesive?

many thanks for your replys in advance 169144-ok.gif

Keith_S3

They are covered in stone chips!! and i know it will happen again but i would like to have them done all the same

Also i am thinking of having the stone chip guard in the rear section smoothed in as the faded yellowing plastic inset is pretty ugly

Any body else know for sure how they are fixed??

Thanks again people

Keith_S3

the corner part comes off quite easy, just remove the screw in the wheelarch. You also have to remove the grey trim on the outside of the rear quarter (just slide it out when you have the door opened).

The corners are not glued to the car. Never removed the rest of the side skirts so no idea about those parts.

beerchug.gif

Corners are quite easy as above. I bought new ones and had them sprayed and Armourdended on my last S3.

Corners weer circa £10 each from audi so was not worth the labour getting the old ones prepped to be resprayed.

all in, corners, paint, and armourfend was about £100

armourfend addded these pieces to their S3 kit, after i showed them how stone chip prone the corners were.