Some problems

stevie_d

It's been a while since I've posted, due to looking for work, but I'm back grin.gif

Alas, I'm back with bad news. The other day my car lost power in 3rd whilst going for an overtake, luckily I could just pull back in, but it could have been dangerous. This worried me a little, but I put it down to "one of those things..." and was going to get it checked out. However, I goto start the car after a week of standing and the bloody thing won't start, flat battery.

I call out VW Assist as a car shouldn't go flat in a week and I assumed another fault (I was correct frown.gif). The AA turn up within the hour (after I told VW they were taking the piss when they said it could take upto 5 hours!!! shocked.gif). He jump starts me and I point out that the EPC light is on... "don't worry, that's the traction control, it'll go out as soon as you move". Mr AA drives away and I jump in the car...alas the light isn't anything to do with traction control, it's the engine management problem light. At first I thought I'd flooded the engine perhaps and it would go out after a drive. Nope, still on, so booked into VW this morning.

I'll keep you guys updated, but hopefully there's not much wrong laugh.gif

Not remapped nope frown.gif

Apparently everything was due to the battery problem, so we're going to wait and see if it happens again. Pretty pleased with the service, they booked it in immediately and have offered to keep the car for a day or two to check all the wiring. I said I'd wait until the battery goes flat again, if it happens :P

Anyway, chatting to the dealer, apparently the pictures we saw of the horrible black alloys are those which will appear on the Anni. However, he said that they've been told (a lot of he said, they said, she said's here) that there will be 1 bhp per year extra, so an extra 30bhp over standard. Whether this will just be a new map or new components they didn't know.

I've heard that the MKV Golf uses a special new type of battery (latest technology & expensive aparently but doesn't lose much power by standing idle). It was mentioned in Auto Express a couple of weeks ago. I believe it's one of the first mainstream new cars to have them. Can't be more specific...father in law borrowed the mag last week! 169144-ok.gif