Tyre Pressures

Yeatshome

[ QUOTE ]

What tyre pressures are people running?

On a R32 MKIV mine came back from my dealer at 28psi is this right?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on what is written around the outside of your tyre wall. There will be some numbers there: Mine reads the following 225/40Z/R18/88Y.......If you open your filler cap then match the tyre wall number to whats written there you will be spot on. For 2 persons mine equates to the following

Front tyres 2.5/250

Back tyres 2.3/230

Hope this helps 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

On reading the above quotes for peoples tyre pressures i cant see where you get such high numbers from? If im missing something can you let me know 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be missing something about what you're possibly missing grin.gif, but 2.5 bar = 36psi so it's not that far off what's being quoted, is it? confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

On reading the above quotes for peoples tyre pressures i cant see where you get such high numbers from? If im missing something can you let me know 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be missing something about what you're possibly missing grin.gif, but 2.5 bar = 36psi so it's not that far off what's being quoted, is it? confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well my pump runs on bar so just wanted to double check having confidenly given you the above info ! 169144-ok.gif

It's interesting that you guys only need 88Y rated rubber. We must use 92Y rubber here (on the placard!) - but I haven't been able to get a straight answer out of VW Oz as to why...

I run 40-42psi front and 38-40psi rear depending on load. It keeps the tyre walls nice and stiff - which you really need on some of the roads around here to avoid sidewall pinching or tearing.

[fyi - the Boxster tyres are rated 96Y! EEK2.GIF ]