Alfa 159 uses same 60:40 Torsen differential as RS

shark_90

Yes it's exactly the same platform DHA.

As an Alfisti I have only two problems with the Brera and 159. The first of which been the fact that they weight as much as Rick Waller after a night out at the all you can eat buffet, so the lower spec engines cannot pull them along properly. And the second been the GM sourced V6 that looks horrible when the bonnet is up.

GTA versions will be out next year to. notworthy.gif

It is a good thing Ben, the dealers are now getting a very hard and overdue kick up the backside. I know of two that have recently lost the franchise to sell them. They are also sending out questionaires to new customers so they can judge what the dealer is like.

[ QUOTE ]

It is a good thing Ben, the dealers are now getting a very hard and overdue kick up the backside. I know of two that have recently lost the franchise to sell them. They are also sending out questionaires to new customers so they can judge what the dealer is like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so much the dealerships BUT the product they are trying to sell, it needs more reliability and improved build quality IMO . ROLLEY~14.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so much the dealerships BUT the product they are trying to sell, it needs more reliability and improved build quality IMO . ROLLEY~14.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

The 159 is supposed to be the new beginning of that. I would be interested to see how the three year old examples (ie - in my price range examples!) stack up when the time comes.

On the whole Alfa's are not that bad relability wise as long as you look after it. The Twin Spark engines are well known for thier problems as is the Selespeed gearbox. Yet the JTD, JTS and V6's are all fine. Alfa have the problem of having the image of the cars they produced in the 80 where they rotted away in 2 years, ok they still ain't 100% perfect but they are not that bad.

My JTD has 114,000 miles on the clock in 4 years and hasn't missed a beat, and the only problem is a loose electric window switch that I can fix myself. Yes there are the odd car that feel like they have been made on a Monday morning/Friday afternoon, but what car maker doesn't produce these cars?

Alfa owners are more angry at the service they receive from a dealer then the product. One owner was told he should of accecpted a car even though these was a scratch down the side and on the badge, and couldn't see what the fuss was about as it wasn't that big! mad.gif And another one was waiting two months to have items looked into under warrenty.

Have to agree with the above, Alfa's are normally excellent cars but have been blighted for years by a woeful Fiat dealer network, that makes Audi shine by comparison. I have to say that both my last Alfa's (a 156 2.0 T/Spark and a GTV 3.0 V6) were totally reliable and gave a lot less trouble than my S4 has done. The thing to remember with Alfa's is never ever buy new, the initial depreciation is faster than a brick off a cliff, but that makes them a superb used buy.