Time testing

stevie_d

After reading the VXR thread I thought I'd bait MrMe (and post my porsche/aston/ferrari beating times wink.gif) and post some times I got from my mates acceleromater (spelling???). We did 3 or 4 tests for each test and the conditions were pretty dry. The device is accurate to within 0.1 seconds and has previously given "correct" results on cars he has tested.

0-60 averaged 6.5 seconds

1/4 mile average 15.3 seconds @ 96.1mph

60-0 average 111ft (including reaction time)

I was pretty happy with all those times tbh and think they're pretty accurate.

I do wonder if the official VW performance figures are actually all done on the required standard EU fuel - i.e. 95RON coffee.gif

As such when using Optimax rather than 95 RON improved performance would be expected - presumably hence the figures above 169144-ok.gif

ECLIPSe.gif Presumably you are using Optimax stevie_d?

[ QUOTE ]

I suspect your mpg would be less than if using optimax.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably, but I never do a "typical" tank. I'm either just driving for fun, i.e. foot down or I'll use a tank on a long journey. So it's very hard for me to compare when my averages range from high teens to mid 30's smile.gif

I'm off to Santa Pod shortly, so will hopefully post my times after that.

[ QUOTE ]

I think most motoring journals actually tested the GTI to be 0-60 in 6.7 IIRC. At the risk of looking like a statto...I'm sure Evo, Auto Express and Autocar? all recorded sub 7 second numbers in their independent tests. Somehow, it doesn't 'feel' that quick though to me...guess it's the smooth delivery.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my one complaint, especially with DSG, as it's very smooth you don't really feel like you're accelerating*.

*MrMe disclaimer: obviously it won't be supercar fast (or anywhere near it), but it's still a quick hatch 169144-ok.gif

As I say, I'll get some proper times from the pod, but they'll be quicker still. Probably looking at 15 sec 1/4's, due to the uber grippy surface smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

See what I mean! Proof if ever it was needed! I'll leave you all to it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Most manufacturers times are slight off, many of the "sports/hot" cars are quicker than their posted times would suggest. Whether this is to avoid insurance problems, I don't know, but if you check out Evo then most of their times appear to be quicker than those given by manufacturers.