Splashguards-Way hey!!!!!

seventyseven

Easy all you moderators!It ain't perverse!

Posted a couple of weeks ago re mudguards for the car still on order & altho' I got the usual helpful advice,there aren't any available.

Think I've just found some!!!

New to computers so not sure how to thread but they're on vw.com(vw usa's site) under drivergear-They're named ''splashguards''(-possibly you could thread for others Red Robin,as you seem pretty good at that stuff....??)

Anyroad-winter approacheth even after the last few weeks of bliss,so what do we think ladies & gents?

Your thoughts please-would you buy some?

I'm tempted out here in the country!

169144-ok.gif

Mudflaps...definitely perverse! shocked.gif

I've always specced flaps on almost every car i've owned. From now on though I don't think I'll bother as I reckon they trap more salt, grit and sh1t around them that you can't easily remove and do they keep the car much cleaner?...debatable I guess but in my opinion very little. Whilst they do help prevent a few chips by fitting front flaps, I think the GTI is more than well protected by the black (controversial?) plastic bits. smile.gif If I were you I'd spend the cash on some extra Megs cleaning stuff! grin.gif

Thanks for your thoughts Tarmac-mine based on living in the rural bit and that I commute 32 miles each way 5 days a week so every little helps!

The more I browse,the more I begin to think that mebbe I'm in the vast minority-I love cars but don't earn enough to sample all the(to me)exotic machinery others discuss & own.

Point of all that Mollox is that for me this car's a dream purchase & will be kept a minimum of 8 years by me.

Got to do all I can to look after it!!

AND-you'll all be sorry when I look like joe cool(if they ruin the looks,they'll be coming off!) 169144-ok.gif

I see your point. I plan to keep my GTI for at least 5-6 years, maybe longer too. I used to do a lot of narrow lane driving a few years ago and hated having to pull right in to the edge of the lane with a clean car knowing it would emerge with lines of mud stuck to the side at 45 degrees to the sills! For this issue, maybe flaps would help just a little. 169144-ok.gif

Cheers,delighted to see someone else not already considering their next car immediately.

MY next car will be my mk5-roll on September!!

Can't pull too far in round here for fillys on fillys but B roads early in the morning are truly a joy if you're in the mood!

RE your red car-I had a tornado red 16 valve mk2 and I swear it was haunted!!

Never been so glad to see the back of something in my life and hey,I only lost about £2500 on it,Hence car on order's grey!

I don't have my car yet,but I'm trying to get stuff organized for its arrival.

They're apparently moulded to fit specifically but...

Can you take a look at the back of your wheel arches & let me know if there are threads/holes for the bolts?

Gonna dig into it far more & if it looks ok,my sister(airhostess)will bring some from the states-interested?

When you ask about the holes do you mean for fitting the front mudflaps? The standard front flaps fit onto the screws that hold the plastic sill in place so all the holes are there and no extra drilling is needed. If these USA ones fit in the same manner it would be easy.

Yes I would be interested in a set from the USA if they are not too expensive and can be got easy enough. I am obsessed with keeping my car clean and mudflaps are essential for this in my opinion. Let me know how you get on with this.