Dealers - Good/bad ones

s2kjames

Has anyone ever done a dealer comparison thread, just to find out who comes recommended in certain areas of the country and who doesn't.

Reason I ask is that my GTI has been to the dealers for the first time today for a couple of teething problems, and I have no confidence in them after just getting off the phone.

Wondering if other peoples past experience would help to find a good VW dealer for servicing etc.

In the absence of a thread - I'll start.

Colbournes Guildford.

Sales: Not impressed, but then I have NEVER had a good sales experience with any main dealer reagrdless of marque.

Service: Good experience when I had an engine warning light - taken straigh in on a saturday and fixed there and then. Second trip - warranty to repalce seat back also good, apart from the fact they drove my car to the trimmer (16 mile round trip) despite promising my car would not go anywhere.

Overall pretty good so far...

Im in the process of ordering a GTi soon, my local (midlands) dealers have been very poor. Wolverhampton VW the worst, stourbridge ok, Inchcape Bridgenorth also ok. Birmingham I asked for a demo, they could be bothered to move 4 cars to get access to their demo, as it was in the showroom. I do look young, im nearly 24, they may think I just wana be a test pilot or something?

[ QUOTE ]

In the absence of a thread - I'll start.

Colbournes Guildford.

Sales: Not impressed, but then I have NEVER had a good sales experience with any main dealer reagrdless of marque.

Service: Good experience when I had an engine warning light - taken straigh in on a saturday and fixed there and then. Second trip - warranty to repalce seat back also good, apart from the fact they drove my car to the trimmer (16 mile round trip) despite promising my car would not go anywhere.

Overall pretty good so far...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah agree sales are Crap here. Might give them a shot when the car arrives for service issues.