Osaka Voltage Stabliser

safety69

Don't completely discount them, I've done something similar on my motorbike and that improved things a little, such as removed the 'flat-spot' through 5k-7k rpm and improved the starting performance.

It basically involved improving the earthing from the coils and starter motor but also added additional grounds from the rear cylinders and carb's. It seems a few people have done this on the type of bike I have and they have experienced similar results. Not sure of the effects on a fuel injected car though. 169144-ok.gif

Photo of the additional wiring.

earthmodharness.jpg

I just find the whole thing a little hard to believe.

[ QUOTE ]

Instead of losing performance when ever the car demands more from the battery the voltage stabiliser has been busy storing energy for when the car needs it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression that the cars alternator was perminantly connected to the engine via a belt and offered a fixed resistance and therefore performance loss at all times.

It may prevent say the headlamps dipping slightly as load goes up but I can't see how it would affect power.

[ QUOTE ]

I just find the whole thing a little hard to believe.

[ QUOTE ]

Instead of losing performance when ever the car demands more from the battery the voltage stabiliser has been busy storing energy for when the car needs it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression that the cars alternator was perminantly connected to the engine via a belt and offered a fixed resistance and therefore performance loss at all times.

It may prevent say the headlamps dipping slightly as load goes up but I can't see how it would affect power.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alternator resitance is dependent on the load that is placed on it. I can certainly feel the difference when I turn my 100w lamps on laugh.gif try turning all your electrical loads with the engine on tickover, and you'll see the engine (possibly) dip a bit.

[ QUOTE ]

Alternator resitance is dependent on the load that is placed on it. I can certainly feel the difference when I turn my 100w lamps on laugh.gif try turning all your electrical loads with the engine on tickover, and you'll see the engine (possibly) dip a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, might be some gains to be had then.

Even so I remain skeptical about the gains stated on the page. 9bhp is a lot in the same way its a lot to claim from a K&N and a rude boy exhaust on a Saxo. Surely if its such a good idea manufacturers would be doing it already.

Yes very true Rhyds, I've noticed at night, whilst using just one electric window, I noticed a slight dip in brightness of the lights. I think that the idea of it increasing load when using alot of power is maybe true, but the increase in bhp is very hard to believe.

[ QUOTE ]

Try turning all your electrical loads with the engine on tickover, and you'll see the engine (possibly) dip a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was really noticable when I had the Nova; all the things like lights, wipers, fan, etc had a "cost" on the engine speed... on a winters morning, it was sometimes a case of choosing two of the three until it had warmed up a bit or it'd run really badly or stall out easier! That's something I don't miss about the Nova; manual choke!