Toying with some ideas - might need Tobes :)

A8_Tony

Afternoon guys, my forays into the forum are few and far between at the mo, due to lack of internet connection at home, but wanted to pose a question or two.

1. What is the feasibility of changing my cambelt to a chain drive system a la S8? Any ideas? I'm pretty sure it wouldn't require much work, apart from the obvious pulley and chain changes.

2. How about this for a mod? My steering wheel is looking a little worn, it has the switches on it to change gear, but I've kinda got used to having stereo controls on my company car so would like to have the same on the '8. Would it be possible to fit a more modern wheel, with stereo controls, and gear change paddles.....maybe in the RS6 style?

Thoughts and spanners welcome smile.gif169144-ok.gif

I dont see the point of doing the engineering that you need to change to a cam chain, and as for the steing wheel, im not sure to be honest. I imagine things like that run through CAN and may be a bitch to get working right, maybe Craig would have more input.

If you want more power and chain-driven cams then I think you need the engine out of a V8 S4. Probably cheaper to fit one from a scrapped car and sell your existing engine than to mod the existing one to chains, and the extra power would be a bonus! 169144-ok.gif