Oooh, I like this!

Pincher

If you could sell the R privately I'm sure you could get 10% off the cash price of the S4 ("times are hard mate, 2nd hand market slow etc" grin.gif

That's £27,995 less £2,800 = £25,200 or say £25k. But that sounds a lot so say £24,995. Now tell Mrs Pincher that it's £24k (forget about the £995, she'll never know) against £18k for the older slower 3.0 SMOKE6.GIF

Job done 169144-ok.gif

I think it's a bit pricey; the spec is decent but not exceptional.

The engine has the smoothness of a V6 but you could argue it has been superceded by the 3.2

It's a lovely car but will be out of manufacturer's warranty soon I'd imagine and if it were my looking at the 2 cars, I would try very hard to convince myself the S4 was the one.

I'd have said the spec on the 3.0 litre was average. No sat-nav or xenons - did it have BOSE? and it's one plate older and quite a few more miles. That said it's much cheaper! However, if you drove the S4 you'd want it - badly. I don't imagine mpg is hugely better on the 3.0 although servicing will probably be cheaper!

Definitely out of the price range I want to spend.

The 3.0 is at the very very top - I can't really justify spending any more as I don't do a great amount of miles per year.

In fact, I'm almost veering towards downgrading substantially to something quite boring and getting a Westie for some fun (or similar) for about the same money.