Don't all get caught in the rush,but.......

seventyseven

The quest endeth!

Got some part numbers from GOLFMKV.COM last night & called Heron Newark,my local dealer.

Altho the part numbers were wrong they revealed that GTI mudflaps are now available,same price as other models,£30.00 per set.

The parts guy didn't know that as it's so recent.

Front part number 1k0075115

Rear part number 1k0075105

There were 90 something sets available this morning,I have of course ordered some-here before my car!

Happy I can get some! 169144-ok.gif

Let the piss taking begin!!(nhs,OliH, etc)

jump.gifjump.gifjump.gifjump.gifjump.gifjump.gifjump.gifjump.gif

Thanks for the PMs mate and good research! They must have only come available very recently as I asked my dealer about 3 weeks ago and still was nothing available.

Hopefully they are exactly for the GTI. I bought ones before from VAGParts that they stated were for our cars but they did not fit and were infact designed for a Golf Plus.

I will probably order some of these very soon but am going on holiday today so maybe within 10 days or so I will get a set. Encouragingly the part numbers you give are different to both the standard Golf ones I tried to modify and also the Golf Plus flaps I had. I do feel they are essential altho the bad new is that altho I have fitted standard Golf ones to the back of my car with slight modification it still gets really really dirty, just all to do with the shape of the car!

Just picked up a set of flaps. They look pretty easy to fit - although the "Vision On" graphical instructions aren't great - so will have a go tomorrow.

The parts guy at the dealer was intrigued to know where I'd got the part numbers from. I told him I worked in Covert Ops for VW UK....

BTW, has anyone else had problems with the centre wheel caps falling off? I've lost 3 now (2 from the same wheel), and they seem tight going on, so am a bit baffled by why they fall out.

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, has anyone else had problems with the centre wheel caps falling off? I've lost 3 now (2 from the same wheel), and they seem tight going on, so am a bit baffled by why they fall out.

[/ QUOTE ]

probably because you didn't get 18" Monzas... grin.gif

Yeah, I thought that, but there's been no sign of tampering.

I was getting my car foam washed at the weekend, and the guy cleaning the wheels knocked one of the caps out just by jetting the wheel. He put it back in, but it had fallen off by the time I got home. Presumably, the plastic lugs inside the cap are breaking , either through heat / cold or vibration. The new ones are always a tight fit.

I'll keep an eye on them for fit tightness.

Picked a set of mud flaps up today, and well I'm not too sure. They are a bit bulky and will sit into the front wing which might collect dirt and salt behind the front flap it also spoils the line between the side and front skirts.

Another downside is that they are secured using the good old clamps which eat into the body work........ummm still thinking what to do........

[ QUOTE ]

Mudflaps feel wrong. Why would you want them? confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OOOOH-GREAT QUESTION!!

My butt slides round too much on leather seats and the mk1,which mkv is s'posed to revisit never had leather-WHY WOULD YOU WANT IT??

I think cars look too jacked up on 18's unless you slam them-WHY WOULD YOU WANT THEM?

I don't like pearl black paint-WHY WOULD YOU WANT IT?

Then again,we're evidently all supposed to have what you've got.

Cancelling the car on order & getting exactly what you've got,as that's obviously what I really want-it'll feel right

by implication.

MY car,MY choice-for many reasons I want them.

It's all about ''In my opinion'' and I'm not saying I'm right at all-Amazed to meet someone who is tho'

dung.gif

lol! Had a bad day?

It was actually a serious question. I mean, they look pretty naff (my opinion, yes), especially on a nice-looking car like a GTI. They only offer limited protection and create a nice little breeding ground for grime. Just get the bucket and sponge out on a regular basis. 169144-ok.gif

Need a step ladder down from that high horse fella? wink.gif

They offer SOME protection tho',and given that my car'll rack up a lot of miles weekly & the local cowshit quotient,help's needed.

I bit & I'm sorry.

Will admit that if I see them on a car & they're as ruinous to it as many feel,won't fit them & will stick them on fleabay.

Still leaning towards them but guess we'll see if they go on the car,if it ever arrives.

Nah,the diamond black thing was just vitriol for the rant!

Actually 2 nd choice but went for steel grey as the cowshit quotient round here's high & I thought it'd show up less.

My friends gleeefully pointed out that grey will match most of the pitiful remains of my hair & also screams ''early onset midlife crisis'' SLIGHTLY less loudly-all sadly true!

Now,Tornado red,that's a different matter..........!!

jump.gif