GTI has gone - nearly

SamD

Well it has been done. The GTI has been traded in (for what I consider to be a very good price at 17800) for an S4 Avant. Should take delivery towards the end of this week. I have to say the noise of the S4 (with added Milteks) was something else, and to drive it feels like a much smaller car than it really is.

I have really enjoyed being as GTI owner all in all. What a fantastic car it has been and great fun to own and drive. Fortunately with TSN being an Audi friendly place I will still be hanging around here, but less in the GTI forum.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man she drives well! The noise is just fantastic and the handling is very very nice. Pushed her around a fairly tight roundabout in 3rd and just wound it up until traction started to go, got to a pretty good speed and it got back into line nice and easily with just a little opposite lock and a prod on the throttle.

Does it give the same returns as the golf - if you know what I mean - confidence building?

Every time I go out in the Golf I love it, but now I am wanting more power!!!

Always the same we me, I get bored very easily - Thats the trouble with being in the trade!!!

Yup it really inspires confidence, the 4wd helps, and the power is so accessible in any gear thanks to the huge torque. Can't wait to get it on the drive and have more of a play around in it.

And man, that noise... I will never get tired of that noise!

Not that its a problem, but they say the combined on the GTi is supposed to be low 30's, I only get approx 26!!! On an S4 it would be high teens for me0, and Ive done 6000 miles in four and a half months in the GTI!!!! That would be expensive motoring!

[ QUOTE ]

Nice one Sam!!!

I upgraded from a golf Gti over to (IMO)the much superior Audi brand wink.gif and have never regretted it 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ] i take it audi build quality has improved then, as i moved to an audi tt 225 a couple of years ago and allsorts went wrong with it. dung.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Nice one Sam!!!

I upgraded from a golf Gti over to (IMO)the much superior Audi brand wink.gif and have never regretted it 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ] i take it audi build quality has improved then, as i moved to an audi tt 225 a couple of years ago and allsorts went wrong with it. dung.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well my GTi had a clutch go at 25k, I have had no faults at all with all 4 of my Audis coffee.gif Need I say more 169144-ok.gif