new phanthom black A4

MarskeBear

Evening all,

have just ordered new A4 Sline SE and its going to be black. I like to keep my cars clean but have never had black one.

whats best way to keep this swirl free and gleaming?

Should i ask dealer not to wash it when i go to pick it up?

i have megs 3 stage, nxt, AG SR Etc. should i get some wax/polish on asap?

thanks in advance

Definitely don't let the dealer 'wash' it. They completely mucke up my Irish green A6 - it took me hours of polishing to get out the scratches left by their grit soaked sponge.

Nice car by the way, black looks sooo good when polished. I have no doubt that you will get plenty of excellent help on this forum.

Good luck with the car, enjoy it.

Jon

Insist the dealer does not prepare the car. More than likely or not they will get an albanian to instill some courtesy swirls which you'll really notice on black paint!

As for prepping the car when you get it, get a decent clay bar, you'd be surprised at the amount of contaminents in the paintwork already. The Megs claybar kit will do for this job.

Then I'd probably go with a decent paint cleanser. Megs 3 stage will work for this, or you could try some other products such as

P21s paintwork cleaner

Klasse All in one

I'd then finish off your paintwork with a nice wax. Because your paint has been baked on in the factory, you can wax her straight away.

So many good waxes/sealants around for this job. May I suggest Einszett Glanz Wax if your black is metallic. This product can be bought for £10 and produces a beautiful finish, really brings out the flake in the paint. Plus it leaves a very durable finish.

Have a word with John at Cleanandshiny.co.uk for Einszett Glanz Wax.

Here is what Glanz Wax looks like on black Audi TT paint -> http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11135

For flat black I'd have a look at Chemical Guys XXX wax, another product for around £10 that produces a beautiful finish, dead easy to use and durable.

You can get CG XXX Wax from Tim at cleanyourcar.co.uk

The most important thing you should be focusing on is establishing a safe wash regime. You'll always instill the odd mark in your paintwork, but a good wash regime will really help in not marking your paint.

AndyC has a written a good guide at the top of this forum, or we will welcome you at detailingworld.co.uk where we have a number of guides on a safe wash technique. (If you join, mention Neil_S as your referer).

[ QUOTE ]

Insist the dealer does not prepare the car. More than likely or not they will get an albanian to instill some courtesy swirls which you'll really notice on black paint!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Definitely don't let the dealer 'wash' it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice, I asked that my car wasn't washed or polished in any way either.

It's still swirl free after nearly 2 years grin.gif

BUB 169144-ok.gif

The black is pain in the ase to keep clean but boy does it look good. I would recommend you Megs 1 it, then add some AG Ultra polish and finish off with souveran pinnacle, this stuff is £40 a tub but it makes the black pearl fleck shine like no other megs or AG that I have used.

Completely agree with not allowing the dealer to wash the car after a service etc. I spent 3 hours last week applying 3 stage Megs, went in to have some warranty work done and the car is now covered with swirl marks smashfreakB.gif, gits. You would think they would have more common sense given the number of cars they must wash each day.

Black is a bit of a nightmare to keep clean but it is worth it I think.

What ever you do DON'T let them jet wash it because they will dry it off with a chamois which will have been jet washed 'clean' with the kosovan car cleaner standing on it on the ground. I have seen it done several times. Just tell them to leave it well alone. Then you will have the courtesy swirl option installed for free and being VAG paint it will be a bugger to remove.