Porsche Boxster 2.7 - 987 - 2006

Gabster

Picked up the new Boxster yesterday, cant belive the difference from the old 986 2001 Boxster.

Feels more planted to the road and the ride quality is better, only done 500 miles at pick up so needs to loosen up but feels faster than the old motor.

Main difference though is the buil quality, feels rock solid and the design of the interior. Here are a few snaps after 200 mikes of driving sorry for the brake dust. Click the thumbs for full size pics.

I will do a full review when I have lived with the car for a few weeks.

th_10527_low_DOWN_PASSENGER_997_530lo.jpgth_10536_Mom_Pictures_035_569lo.jpgth_10545_Mom_Pictures_004_383lo.jpg

Congrats Gabster, that looks very nice!

Drove my brothers 55 reg 2.7 Boxster yesterday. Have to say I was really impressed with how smooth it was at low speed. I was also stunned at just how wide it is. Felt much wider than the S4 I drove (and purchased) on Saturday!

Its got the black leather, 18 Boxster S wheels, rear park sensor, upgraded stereo, full auto air con, heated seats and wind deflector. Diamondbrite coating.

Must say done 400 miles now and loving it, engine sound so much more meatier than he 986 and its just more responsive, better built and at the same time more comfortable to drive. Really sticks to the road, got it from Nottingham Porsche done 500 miles as an ex demo, registered June 06.

I must say I was so pissed on Thursday morning the day before I picked it up, pulled off my drive and ploughed into my neighbour, smashed the bumper in on my old 986. Went up to OPC Nottingham and they tried to tell me they wanted an extra grand for the damage I managed to push them down to £300.

So loving my first 400 987 miles.

904793-DSC00584small.jpg

post-26-137914371697_thumb.jpg