MK IV golf trip computer.

doggler

Hi all,

First post... I've just swopped my Golf GTI T (2000) for a 2001 V6 4Motion and am wondering how to change the trip computer display/mode. I've tried googling, the Haynes manual and nowhere can I find any detail on how to change the mode so I can see what sort of MPG I'm getting (I *know* it's bad..). At the moment it's just telling me how long I've been driving. The last golf did this quite nicely until I started playing with the climate control when suddenly (while driving) it turned into the realtime MPG mode where it'd fluctuate wildly, i.e. 200MPG going down a hill to 16MPG sitting in traffic. I remember reading somewhere that you need to turn the ignition on while keeping the reset button pressed, but this hasn't worked for me. Could anyone give me any pointers?

Thanks

Try the button on the end of the wiper stalk for changing the readout between: real time mpg, long term mpg, long term mph, long term miles travelled, long term time travelled.

The use the button on the underside of the wiper stalk to change between readings 1 and 2. These are different insofar as 1 is for each journey you travel, and 2 is constant running up to 10k miles before it resets back to zero.