Best MPG?

hixster

Just came back from a day out and was super low on fuel and taking really easy... granny style..because I didn't know where the next garage was. managed 34.7mpg average.. was wondering what the best MPG you guys are getting now?? I'm usually averaging about 18, but was really surprised that I could get nearly 35 out of the car!

169144-ok.gif

I cheer loudly on the rare occaision that I see a trip average of 30 jump.gif

Motorway runs see about 26mpg, my commute is 23 and town driving is about 17.

My overally average since the new engine was fitted hovers around the 23 mark. Not great really, but hey ho - it's part of the fun... 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Same here Ross, i think this new lump isn't as good as the old one...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this one for me is better. It feels smoother and more punchy - and is a whole 1 mpg less thirsty than the old one grin.gif

Certainly, at the recent Scotland / NE meet - Geo was stretching the legs on his 30k (I think) car - and I was sitting right there on his arse. So if that's with mine having only done about 2k miles - I'm kind of hoping there is some loosening up to come 169144-ok.gif

yelrotflmao.gif

I wouldn't go that far - visiting the dealer agian on Thursday to have new cooling fans fitted smashfreakB.gif

Hopefully Warranty Direct will cover it [fingers crossed smiley]

Fingers also crossed that you get yours sorted. You must have the least reliable R32 there is. I'm surpirsed you have stuck with it for as long as you have 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Fingers also crossed that you get yours sorted. You must have the least reliable R32 there is. I'm surpirsed you have stuck with it for as long as you have

[/ QUOTE ]

Well considering it only had a new clutch and flywheel 2k ago and its gone wrong already says to me something is not right me thinks, and yes it certainly is the most reliable, oh i mean unreliable R32 going, if any one fancies buying it please feel free to send me an offer, and there is a reason why i have kept hold of it, mainly because its quite special to me in a personal way, but that time is near...

I've just been away for a long weekend in Cornwall and my average for the 250 miles trip down there was 28.something and on the way back it was 27.9 (recently had a new MAF fitted within the last 2000 miles).

Pretty happy with that as I was not hanging around.....

Like i said Oli i did take it very easily, only slightest depressions of the accelerator pedal when increasing speed & oddly light M6 traffic between 7-9am sekret.gif

I drove purposefully like this to see what i could achieve & bearing in mind my engine has only 1100 miles on it so it may increase another 1 maybe 2 MPG when it loosens up 169144-ok.gif