2001 Polo GTi Alloy upgrade

Gemmzl

BBS RX in 16" would be fine. In fact they look superb cool.gif

Obviously you need 4x100 fitment, can't remember the offset (ET) figure off the top of my head but any wheel retailer worth their salt will be able to help you out on this. I *think* they should be ET42?

BBS RX will probably have to be bought new (costly!) but you might be able to find a set of BBS RX2 (the 2 signifies a split-rim alloy like the original 15" GTi rims) alloys on eBay for a good price? They will most likely need a refurb and/or new tyres! crazy.gif

Cheers 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

BBS RX in 16" would be fine. In fact they look superb cool.gif

Obviously you need 4x100 fitment, can't remember the offset (ET) figure off the top of my head but any wheel retailer worth their salt will be able to help you out on this. I *think* they should be ET42?

BBS RX will probably have to be bought new (costly!) but you might be able to find a set of BBS RX2 (the 2 signifies a split-rim alloy like the original 15" GTi rims) alloys on eBay for a good price? They will most likely need a refurb and/or new tyres! crazy.gif

Cheers 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for being bumb, but what do you mean by 4x100 fitment? Is that an additional thing?

Will there be any arch rubbing at all with 16's?

Thanks all for your help

Gemma

At standard height there should be no issues with scrubbing, no smile.gif

4x100: if you look at your wheel you can see four bolts holding it onto the car. If you drew a circle on the wheel, which passed through each bolt, the diameter of that circle (in millimetres) would be the "pitch circle diameter", or PCD.

Car wheel fitments are recorded using these values, so in the case of the Polo 4x100 means that there are 4 bolts, and the PCD value is 100mm. A new Golf has a 5x112 fitment because there are 5 bolts and a larger hub, so therefore if you bough wheels with a new Golf fitment they wouldn't go onto the Polo...

*phew* think thats it 169144-ok.gif

As I say if you tell the wheel place you want wheels for a 2001 Polo GTi they should know what fitment to get.

[ QUOTE ]

At standard height there should be no issues with scrubbing, no smile.gif

4x100: if you look at your wheel you can see four bolts holding it onto the car. If you drew a circle on the wheel, which passed through each bolt, the diameter of that circle (in millimetres) would be the "pitch circle diameter", or PCD.

Car wheel fitments are recorded using these values, so in the case of the Polo 4x100 means that there are 4 bolts, and the PCD value is 100mm. A new Golf has a 5x112 fitment because there are 5 bolts and a larger hub, so therefore if you bough wheels with a new Golf fitment they wouldn't go onto the Polo...

*phew* think thats it 169144-ok.gif

As I say if you tell the wheel place you want wheels for a 2001 Polo GTi they should know what fitment to get.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks very much for your help. I think that's all i need to know now. I will post some pics once they are on. ( will have to work that out )

jump.gif