I am thinking of defecting from a GTI.........

Oli

...........Has anyone else done this?

I have an R32 for the bank holiday weekend to see what I think compared to my GTI.

Originally when I brought my GTI I had gone out for an R32, but wasn't struck with the looks of it, well its grown on me now, and I think I want one!!!!!

I think if I went for one it would have the following spec - 3 door, met grey, cruise, DSG and winterpack - Not a huge spec, but what I want.

has anyone else gone from a MKV GTI to an R32 and how do you find it?

Please let me know

Cheers

beerchug.gif

feckin 'eck OliH, you've only had the GTI 5 mins grin.gif

I think Lee_R made the switch - although he's probably too busy cleaning his .:R to be watching this post yelrotflmao.gif

IMO Milltek and Haldex GenII are must-have mods for the MkV - and possibly uprated suspension. KW V3 kit is available now, KONI FSD kit is due imminently. The day the KONI's are available I will have them fitted.

All-in it's a cracking car IMHO.

beerchug.gif

Four months and 6000 miles!!!! I originally was thinking of an RS4 but no matter how I look at it I cant afford or justify £55000 on a car!!! Like I said I have one on demo from Vw for four days later this month and that will either make or break it!!

Oh and Robin nice pun, my name is Oli not Oil!!!

[ QUOTE ]

4 months @ 6,000 = 18,000 miles. Not that big a mileage. It's obviously entirely up to you but it does seem you tire of your cars very quickly. Oil is tyred? grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

that is the only downside of being in the motor trade, I drive lots of different cars every day.

I love the GTI but it is always at the back of my mind about the R32. All will become clear after four days in one!!! I have more money available now and cant get the idea out of my head. Still in a couple of weeks time all may be forgotten - Im like that!!!

I think as well if I get the R32 I will keep it standard.........NOT, well we'll see.

[ QUOTE ]

What spec are you going for ? skinny or full fat 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If, and I will know in a few weeks time, after a weekend test drive, I do, the spec I want will be as follows;

3 door

DSG

Metallic Grey

Centre armrest

Cruise

Winterpack

Rear Tints

Multi Function Wheel - but I think this is standard with DSG now anyway

... and I think that is it, basically the same spec as the GTI plus MFSW and winterpack, which I tried to amend on my order but it had already gone to build!

I will also want 19" wheels, but as Ive already had CH's not sure, make just stick with the 18" Zolders and try and bit a bit more grown up!!!, but I do think bigger alloys can finish the look the look of a car, and the handling and ride has been spot on with the GTI.

Do you know of any pics of the MKV R32 with 19's