Anybody Not Get a Leather Manual Holder???

Jack_is_Back

[ QUOTE ]

...as I may just have a spare knocking around. sekret.gif

Free to a (genuine) needy glove box slot. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to poach this thread, but....

I have an import GTi, and I have the crappy normal vinyl manual book too, and my manuals were in Dutch!!! Useful, if you live there SAUER0421.GIF

Anyway, I know a few guys who come here are very upto speed on what goes on behind closed doors at VW, sooooo, has anyone any idea on when VW may actually have sets of UK GTi manuals available to buy? Each time I have enquired to my local VW (Wolverhampton) they say they still aren't available!!!! sportifs2.gif

How can that be so, I mean how long has the GTi been out now? 18 months or so? Seems strange to me, I mean what if someone who has bought a UK car had genuinely lost their manuals and needed a new set? confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Im in VW tomorrow morning if you want me to find out for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah if you wouldn't mind Oli?

Would be very much appreciated, may have more joy than I have had, suppose I am considered 'non-important' cos I had the audacity to buy an import yelrotflmao.gif

Thanks though, tis very good of you to offer help beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I suspect the backlog is due to the MY change requiring some addition/re-editing of the old manual.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be yes, but then again, I have been trying since I had my car 12 months ago, and no joy at all, getting a little annoyed in case there is important information specific to the GTi which the standard issue Mk5 manuals I got my hands on doesn't cover smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, I know a few guys who come here are very upto speed on what goes on behind closed doors at VW, sooooo, has anyone any idea on when VW may actually have sets of UK GTi manuals available to buy? Each time I have enquired to my local VW (Wolverhampton) they say they still aren't available!!!! sportifs2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I had similar problems trying to get hold of a set of English-language manuals for mine. Ordered them under the chassis number from Dovercourt Battersea and they got the standard vinyl one with none of the spec additions. Oh, and they wanted 25 quid for it! Thanks for your help...

Called VW CS (0800 711 811, opt 3) and requested one, and the leather(ette) version arrived the next day, FOC... Pretty impressive. Just make sure you tell them which spec elements (Nav, iPod, service book, R32 supplement) you need.

TH

[ QUOTE ]

I had similar problems trying to get hold of a set of English-language manuals for mine. Ordered them under the chassis number from Dovercourt Battersea and they got the standard vinyl one with none of the spec additions. Oh, and they wanted 25 quid for it! Thanks for your help...

Called VW CS (0800 711 811, opt 3) and requested one, and the leather(ette) version arrived the next day, FOC... Pretty impressive. Just make sure you tell them which spec elements (Nav, iPod, service book, R32 supplement) you need.

TH

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that information, much appreciated, damn, I owe quite a few people beers on here ha! beerchug.gif

• 1 month later...

[ QUOTE ]

Dragging up an old thread I know. Just to say when I received my car via Select back in April there were no English GTI manuals available and they were on backorder. Last week I received my leather bound english one in the post, so anyone who didn't get one should see if they can now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Andy, how long did it take your manuals to come through? From time of phoning VW until actually arriving I mean?

I only ask as I phoned VW customer services approx 2/3 weeks ago for mine, and still haven't had anything arrive yet confused.gif