Armrest and key on an S model

BITTU

Im after an armrest for my 99v bora tdi s. Would i be a able to install one without drilling into the centre console like some ppl have been telling me?

Also, i was after a key, i think i have a copy and not the original key. Does the original key have a light on it? anyone with a similar bora should be able to help me with this

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

I’m after an armrest for my 99v Bora tdi s. Would I be a able to install one without drilling into the centre console like some ppl have been telling me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the arm rest fits into a slot just in front of the rear passenger’s ashtray. You will need to loosen the centre console to fit it. It attaches to some bolts by the hand break.

Got my armrest from Ebay

169144-ok.gif

Oh right, dealer sed he can get me a key with a light on it and that was the original key. £0 for the key and £70 for programming it.

Diesel dream, was your armrest from hong kong or a used one from a uk seller? the hong kong ones seem cheap but i dont think they re genuine

Dont ask about the main dealer. Went there the other day to ask and they said 150 for the armrest and then ££30 for the bracket. Did you get the bracket with yours? because if yours is ok then i might aswell get a similar one off ebay.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the armrest now. Went to dealer for the bracket but he didnt know what he was on about and insisted that if he sold me the bracket hed haave to sell me the whole bottom part of the armrest for £140, so got the bracket off ebay aswell.

Btw, ive found the key i was referring to on ebay. its this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-OEM-Uncut-Blank...1QQcmdZViewItem

does anyone know if id be able to program it myself?