Forge atmos dump valve for VAG 2.0T

MarkB

I've actually driven Forge's mk5 Golf Gti demo car complete with induction kit and their DV. The only way I can find of describing it was like driving Darth Vader. Its certainly makes the right noises... they actually have a switchable DV I believe so you can have the noise when you want it and turn off when you dont.

edit.. ECLIPSe.gif heres the switchable one. http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0102&product=FMFSITA

[ QUOTE ]

I've actually driven Forge's mk5 Golf Gti demo car complete with induction kit and their DV. The only way I can find of describing it was like driving Darth Vader. Its certainly makes the right noises... they actually have a switchable DV I believe so you can have the noise when you want it and turn off when you dont.

edit.. ECLIPSe.gif heres the switchable one. http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0102&product=FMFSITA

[/ QUOTE ]

This would mean going under the car every time you want to change though wouldn't it... PITA

If you do a search you should find plenty of discussions on DV's and the pros and cons for the recirc type and atmospheric types.

In theory with an atmospheric type you will loose power and pick up between gear changes, and this is why the recirc is better as it keeps the turbo speed up when off the gas.....however the noise of a DV venting is something I'll always love.

I've never seen the actual evidence of power loss from the atmospheric DV's, but it stands to reason that it is there but whether or not you'll notice it is another thing.

If you want the noise and knowledge that you aren't loosing power or fecking with the system then get an CAI instead, as this amplifies the standard DV nicely.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I note that the adjustable one doesn't fit on the A4 due to clearance! Thats a supprise

[/ QUOTE ]

Engine fitment of longitudinal versus transverse a difference in layout in intake and turbo piping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, yes, forgot about that blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]

If you want the noise and knowledge that you aren't loosing power or fecking with the system then get an CAI instead, as this amplifies the standard DV nicely.

[/ QUOTE ]

....My Carbonio CAI on Mk5 GTI doesn't make much extra noise at all (unfortunately) - Just more of a soft 'Phwack' on gear changes. The GTI's 2.0T FSI has a Diverter rather than Dump Valve. I've got a proper 200+ mile drive tomorrow so we'll see if I hear more turbo 'noise'.

The same Carbonio CAI fits Audi A3, VW Jetta and Passat 2.0 FSI engines.

My VW dealer fitted it for me so warranty should be preserved. I don't know enough to fiddle with my engine system.

You will lose power from using an atmospheric "dump" valve since the air that has been "dumped" has already been metered, hence the fueling will be wrong smashfreakB.gif

A recirculation, or diverter valve is what is fitted OEM, however the original valves have had some quality issues in the past, which has made them slow to release.

Horse for courses really, had them both changed from OEM diverter valve to Forge Diverter Valve (re-circulating) on both TT's but for peace of minds sake since i got through 3 OEM Bosch DV's on my first TT smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

You will lose power from using an atmospheric "dump" valve since the air that has been "dumped" has already been metered, hence the fueling will be wrong smashfreakB.gif

A recirculation, or diverter valve is what is fitted OEM, however the original valves have had some quality issues in the past, which has made them slow to release.

Horse for courses really, had them both changed from OEM diverter valve to Forge Diverter Valve (re-circulating) on both TT's but for peace of minds sake since i got through 3 OEM Bosch DV's on my first TT smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Different type of valve completely to the one fitted on the 2.0T

lol.gif My reply popped up after you posted your diagram 169144-ok.gif

The air inside the closed loop-recirculating DV has indeed been metered, and is let back into the throttle body once the DV closes.... Thus if this air is vented to atmosphere "dumped" the fuel/air mixture will be all wrong, and you will lose power 169144-ok.gif

I would be very happy to share it. I've got a .zip file - How do I share it? PM me for an email address? - Please advise. Pdf is called "2.0 TFSI Engine" and is a self-study American program from VW.

So, before I fitted the carbon fibre CAI, I didn't hear that 'phwack' except under very hard driving. I guess my new aftermarket CAI is amplifying it.

[ QUOTE ]

I would be very happy to share it. I've got a .zip file - How do I share it? PM me for an email address? - Please advise. Pdf is called "2.0 TFSI Engine" and is a self-study American program from VW.

So, before I fitted the carbon fibre CAI, I didn't hear that 'phwack' except under very hard driving. I guess my new aftermarket CAI is amplifying it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about amplify, probably more less sound proofing.

PM sent for SSP

Thanks